10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5,
and the timewait to 120 second,
so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2. Infrastructure Monitoring
Sorry if this is the wrong forum
Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers .
This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard.
The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can anyone explain the below script which is used to extract the PID?
Why they are taking from 10 character and getting the sub string?
Note:variable pid has been assigned the PID value initially as below.
pid=`sed 's@FILNAME@'$destFil'@g' $scriptname |sed 's@SRCFILE@'$sourceFil'@g' |sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I wrote a script to kill a process id.
I am able to kill the PID only if I enter the root password in the middle of the execution because I did not run as root i.e after i run the script from the terminal, instead of killing directly, it is killing only after entering the pass when it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose.
# Script to delete specific file older than N minutes.
# OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes
... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have scheduled one script using cron but it's not running. On investigation i have found there are 4 PIDs for the same script.
Please suggest on the following:
1. Is it normal to have more than 1 PID for the script which is being run using cron command?
2. How can avoid... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this.
Thanks in advance,
Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm trying to create a script that allows me to determine all the pid's that spawned from an original process(ie - who's running this command)....
I've created a script that searches the processes running based on an argument passed the script. It then is to get the parent pid and look that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbarnhar
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection?
2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
question: for the below program
i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid
why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086
but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two!
can someone comment on that!
#define DIM 8
int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan