10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
What I know so far:
ls -A will list all files except those starting with a dot
ls -d will list all directories
ls -m will separate contents by commas
For getting crtimes use:
stat filename will give me the inode number
ls -i filename will give... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chstewar
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma).
Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories.
Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
It is for HP-Unix B.11.31.
1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date.
Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*"
2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here
dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists
all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory
except a folder called log.?
Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process.
I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files.
I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement.
In a particular mount, have to list all the directories and sub directories along with size of the directory and sub directory in ascending order.
Please help me in this regard and many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I can't manage to list all files that are not directories from current directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
How one can list only the name of directories present in the directory by using ls command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amolpatil54321
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
How do I list files of type "*.file" for example by size order recursively ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferretman