Aix certification (223)

Operating Systems AIX Aix certification (223)
# 1  
Old 03-07-2008
Aix certification (223)

Hi,

I would like to complete AIX certification (code -223). Is there any difference between old 222 and 223 exam..?

Please guide me in getting the docs for preparation of exam 223..I have got redbook "IBM Certification Study Guide
Eserver p5 and pSeries Administration and
Support for AIX 5L Version 5.3"...But i am not sure whether that helps for writing 223..

Need all your suggestion on this..

Thanks
Shankar
# 2  
Old 03-08-2008
Request someone to help on this..

Thanks in advance-Shankar
# 3  
Old 03-15-2008
Reply to Aix certification (223)

Here is my experience. I took the -223 exam in early February 2008. I also saw test -222 was no longer being offered by Sylvan-Prometrics where I test. I researched into this.

Test -223 is very different compared to -222. I base this upon comparing preparation exams offered by a site named ActualTests.com and a site named Pass4Sure.com. Preparation tests from ActualTests.com can be purchased as a subscription $99 USD for lifetime membership. They did not offer the -223 test. They do offer the -233, -234, -235, -236, -237, and more tests which I have no interest in at this time.

Preparation tests from Pass4Sure are $100 USD each. Their tests are more "braindumps"; they have the same questions and answers as the actual certification exam. I leave the legality of this to the lawyers. They also offer the -223, -233, -234, -235, -236, and -237 tests.

With practice exams from either site, you can pass the IBM certification exams, but you definitely don't learn much unless you put in lots of hours of hands-on experience, that is, match prep test questions against the book text and against results produced by an actual AIX 5L workstation. You can pass the test but you still can't solve a problem.

Practice test -233 and questions from ActualTests.com are nearly identical to the practice test questions from Pass4Sure.com. I have the practice exams from both. I do not know how closely -234, -235, -236, and -237 compare. I am guessing they are nearly identical as well.

ActualTests.com exams are somewhat buggy with misspelled words and transposed letters in their text. I find this distracting. Pass4Sure tests do not have this problem. You get the quality you pay for.

Both download in non-editable .pdf format. It takes a lot of creative manipulation to place their test questions into Word format. That is a subject for some other time.

I suggest you seek out specific books and matching practice exams for the certification exam you plan to take. There is no substitute for really learning a command or concept compared to hands-on-the-hardware experience.
# 4  
Old 03-15-2008
AIX certification (223)

Here are more comments. If you are going for an Eserver Certified Advanced Technical Expert certification, you must pass at least four (4) exams, such as the -223 exam. I have four Redbook texts to accomplish this. There is a lot of overlap of subject matter in the text you have by Pruett, Strickland, and Vetter when compared to other Redbooks of the series. It is not uncommon for a test question occurs on practice test -223, but the answer is not in the book you have. The answer may very well be found in another book, such as the Tuning book.

If you are going for the Technical Expert, I recommend spending the money up front to get the other texts of the series. Only then, after you scan each text in some detail will you see what I mean.
# 5  
Old 03-18-2008
Aix_certification (223)

Still more comments. I just looked at the IBM certification site just a few minutes ago on 18 March 2008. IBM changed their requirements; ActualTests.com and Pass4Sure are out-of-sync with IBM. IBM no longer lists exams -233, -234, -235, -236, nor -237 as available through Prometric. If they ever existed, they have been withdrawn. Only the -223 exam is current.

The knowledge content of the books for the above tests (Installation and Recovery; Performance and System Tuning; and Problem Determination and Solutions) are all good books. With the practice tests from ActualTests.com, I think they are valuable sources for knowledge if you want to know how to administer an IBM AIX server well.

It appears IBM certification folks are updating their tests. Stay tuned to their site.
# 6  
Old 05-02-2008
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_bsr
Hi,

I would like to complete AIX certification (code -223). Is there any difference between old 222 and 223 exam..?

Please guide me in getting the docs for preparation of exam 223..I have got redbook "IBM Certification Study Guide
Eserver p5 and pSeries Administration and
Support for AIX 5L Version 5.3"...But i am not sure whether that helps for writing 223..

Need all your suggestion on this..

Thanks
Shankar
Hi Shankar,

Could you please let me know the book no(title) Please.

Regads,

Manoj
# 7  
Old 06-26-2008
How can I learn aix administration with out live experence

hi I want to learn Aix Administration but I haven`t ibm platform how can i learn pls advice me

Last edited by prabhakartel; 06-26-2008 at 02:33 PM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Getting AIX certification

hi, i'm a intermediate linux admin and want to get certified for AIX but many companies does not give AIX related job with uncertified applicants, so how would i start with - AIX 6.1 Basic Operations, then - IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 7 do i need to go trough a mandatory 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
6 Replies

2. AIX

AIX certification

Hello Team, Am working as a system consultant for the AIX 6.1 OS which is running on IBM Power 740 past one year. I've part of installation, administration, security, user administration and configuring HACMP work's. I would like to get certify in AIX 6.1 and HACMP. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i do AIX certification..

Hi all, I heard abt AIX course, is it good for my carrer?..:confused: I am a Bsc graduate.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowtham16
1 Replies

4. AIX

aix certification

hi, hi i want to give aix 000-400 system admin cirtification can any body help me in getting dumps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep panigra
1 Replies

5. AIX

Differences with certification exams 104 and 223

IBM certification exam 223 (System p Administrator) was recently replaced with exam 104 (Aix 6.1 Administrator). Is there anyone knowledgable of the major changes within the two tests? Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamika
0 Replies

6. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX exam 000-223

Guys I am writing AIX exma 00-223 I bought material from tesking I hope I will pass it, if I do i will share....anyone with advise out there?:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
4 Replies

8. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

9. AIX

Help me with text and dumps for aix-223

Hi Pls send me the text book for studying validation part in the aix exam 223 and dumps for 223 if any one has ...my id is pratheeshpc2004@gmail.com. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshpc
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question