Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix certification (223)
Operating Systems AIX Aix certification (223) Post 302176503 by MikeJ on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 11:44:19 AM
Old 03-18-2008
Aix_certification (223)

Still more comments. I just looked at the IBM certification site just a few minutes ago on 18 March 2008. IBM changed their requirements; ActualTests.com and Pass4Sure are out-of-sync with IBM. IBM no longer lists exams -233, -234, -235, -236, nor -237 as available through Prometric. If they ever existed, they have been withdrawn. Only the -223 exam is current.

The knowledge content of the books for the above tests (Installation and Recovery; Performance and System Tuning; and Problem Determination and Solutions) are all good books. With the practice tests from ActualTests.com, I think they are valuable sources for knowledge if you want to know how to administer an IBM AIX server well.

It appears IBM certification folks are updating their tests. Stay tuned to their site.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help me with text and dumps for aix-223

Hi Pls send me the text book for studying validation part in the aix exam 223 and dumps for 223 if any one has ...my id is pratheeshpc2004@gmail.com. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshpc
0 Replies

2. AIX

aix cert 223 need help.

Hi, a friend of mine passed there 223 last year and they gave me there testkiller document which was 65 questions, i am looking at doing my 223 exam and i have gone to testkiller recently and noticed there is an updated version which is now 383 questions. I did the ibm pre-exam and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rorted
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX exam 000-223

Guys I am writing AIX exma 00-223 I bought material from tesking I hope I will pass it, if I do i will share....anyone with advise out there?:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
4 Replies

4. AIX

Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbalakrishna200
2 Replies

5. AIX

Differences with certification exams 104 and 223

IBM certification exam 223 (System p Administrator) was recently replaced with exam 104 (Aix 6.1 Administrator). Is there anyone knowledgable of the major changes within the two tests? Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamika
0 Replies

6. AIX

aix certification

hi, hi i want to give aix 000-400 system admin cirtification can any body help me in getting dumps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep panigra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i do AIX certification..

Hi all, I heard abt AIX course, is it good for my carrer?..:confused: I am a Bsc graduate.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowtham16
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX certification

Hello Team, Am working as a system consultant for the AIX 6.1 OS which is running on IBM Power 740 past one year. I've part of installation, administration, security, user administration and configuring HACMP work's. I would like to get certify in AIX 6.1 and HACMP. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

9. AIX

Getting AIX certification

hi, i'm a intermediate linux admin and want to get certified for AIX but many companies does not give AIX related job with uncertified applicants, so how would i start with - AIX 6.1 Basic Operations, then - IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 7 do i need to go trough a mandatory 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
6 Replies
FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)					       AFS Command Reference						FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)

NAME
fs_checkvolumes - Forces the Cache Manager to update volume information SYNOPSIS
fs checkvolumes [-help] fs checkv [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs checkvolumes command discards the table of mappings between volume names and volume ID numbers that the Cache Manager stores in memory and uses when fetching data from volumes. The next time an application requests AFS data, the Cache Manager must contact the Volume Location (VL) Server for volume location information, and then an appropriate file server machine for the actual data. The Cache Manager updates the table of mappings periodically (by default, hourly), but this command is useful if the issuer knows that a volume's name has changed, or that new read-only replicas of a volume have been released, because issuing it forces the Cache Manager to reference the changed volume. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The following message confirms that the command ran successfully. All volumeID/name mappings checked. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_CHECKVOLUMES(1)