Daily check helth

Operating Systems AIX Daily check helth
# 1  
Old 10-02-2006
Daily check helth

Can any one suggest some command that used to test the hardware and software
# 2  
Old 10-02-2006
The error logger in AIX provides extencive diagnostics information when it is needed. Usually there is no need to perform health check on hardware if you just keep an eye on the error log.
# 3  
Old 10-02-2006
re

How Can I get the error log? please Urgent
# 4  
Old 10-02-2006
man errpt.
# 5  
Old 10-07-2006
Re

Thank you, sir on this matter because I benefited from it, and I hope to contact regarding this matter
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Daily averages...

I have date file like below.. 1995 1 2 10 29 38.6706 -6.53823 41.9201 1995 1 2 10 29 -49.2477 -4.59733 17.2704 1995 1 2 10 29 -49.2369 -4.48045 8.61348 1995 1 3 8 48 -42.2643 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: athithi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check daily files arrival in a directory

Hi All, I wanted to write a script to check if set of files exist in a directory or not for a particular day. each file has a date stamp. Now i want to implement this - -i can check files of a particular date in a particular folder -generate log and send it to through email. Big THANKS !!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagboy2014
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for daily use

I have a clear case command for example. ct lsprivate -co this displays the list of checked out files. and i have many views where i work daily I need a script which can run daily at our specified time. setting each and every view i have and list the check outs i have in them. and consolidate... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily health check script

Hi I am still learning how to write shell scripts, so I started to write a script like this: #!/bin/sh date echo outputOK () { echo $1 "" } outputOK () { echo $1 "" } for vol in `/usr/bin/grep -E 'hfs|vxfs|nfs|cifs' /etc/fstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily Checks

Hey Guys, I'm seeking some assistance in getting this script to run as a cron job for the user oracle.. the script is basically to perform 2 ADRCI checks... see the script below... i'm getting the following error: /export/home/oracle/Daily_Checks/ADRCI_Daily_Checks.sh: syntax error at line 16:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Racegod
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Daily DB growth script

Hello, I have a script SELECT TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') "Month", SUM(bytes)/1024/1024 "Growth in MB" FROM sys.v_$datafile WHERE creation_time > SYSDATE-365 GROUP BY TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') / It produces output similar to this Month ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daily File Checks

Hello all, I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I've used the search function and can't find the specifics of what I'm after. I am brand new to playing with linux, and ideally I want to get better to help the company that I now work for. What I want to do: Create a script that I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron.daily

At what time does cron.daily implement and how can i change this or set it etc? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITFcraig
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question