print image files to variety printer models

Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions print image files to variety printer models
# 1  
Old 06-18-2006
print image files to variety printer models

Hi,

I am currently working on a windows platform (2000 and XP) and was wondering if there are today solutions for the task I have.

I need to print image files onto a variety of inkjet printer models, most epson non-postscript. Some of the models I know but new models are added almost every week. De windows printer drivers coming with those printers do not allowe me to do what I want and therefore in most cases useless for my purposes.

The only way I know to bypass this window drivers is the use of Rip's who are not quit inexpensive and also do not support all the printers I need to print to.

Now I am thinking if Ghostscript would be a generic solution what can handle this task. Is there anyone who knows enough from this free to use postscript program who can point me in the right direction? Even if I would prefer to keep the windows platform I am not unwilling to change to unix or linux if this is absolutely a must. Again, the files I need to the printers are solely image or pdf files.

Any feedback is highly appreciated

jokofix007
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to parse a variety of formats

The below perl script parses a variety of formats. If I use the numeric text file as input the script works correctly. However using the alpha text file as input there is a black output file. The portion in bold splits the field to parse f or NC_000023.10:g.153297761C>A into a variable $common but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a network printer on DG/UX

i need to print a file on a network printer with an ip 128.233.1.6 (for example) on a DG/UX (System V) Release 5.4R3.10 so that when telnet from windows client can print on the network printer. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamwa
2 Replies

4. Programming

Print to file image sizes

I was trying to figure out how to write a shell script to be able to print the name of the file and size to a text file I wanted to know if I was on the right track and am understanding this better. In my script a for loop be able to print files over 4mb (we charge differently for larger images)... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

6. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Breaking if-else loop and variety of comparisions

Hello Friends, Im trying to write a script to invoke nagios. In order to do this I grep some words that comes from output of some backup scripts. When there is "End-of-tape detected" in directed output logs it should give alarm. First I would like to know if there is any better way to write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Print using Window Default Printer

Looking for a program to print a file created in MKS Korn Shell and using the default Windows Vista printer without user interaction (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: njysprez
0 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 5.2 print to a local printer

HHi guys . I have this problem ,I'm trying to print to a local machine (windows from the aix box , I;m using tiny Term Emulator) I mean i have no idea what should i do to get this going. The printer is connect it to the pc , it does not have an ip address. Thanks a lot Jose (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question