10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
hello every one
I wrote the script to validate all the urls from my server . sourcing text file which contains the list of urls and trying to check every url and based on response printing url is up or not. the issue when i use the below code with url is printing url exist and and in loop it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need help with one of my shell script. The script is working fine but i need to add two condition -
i need to get rid of all the below ftp messages and need to have only ftp completed or failed message.
example when i run the script i get below lines -
Connected to xxxx
220 (vsFTPd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need help on this.
The input is this.
server system account name DBA account name x a p y b q z c r
so i would like to check the sudo of the user is done or not.
this is what i do to check it
1. login as root on server x
2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiran008
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am going to write a script in unix that shall include code to check status of server, dmgr,db connection .Can some one assist me in determining anything else needed to automate application status . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinil
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement:
assume my file has content:
hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg
world= gggg hhhh iiiii
xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp
my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a shell script in Linux and it will be invoked by 2 methods,
1) An automated background process .
2) Logining into the box and directly executing the script.
I need to put a validation in my shell script such that it will be executed successfully on when an... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vininx
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
#function to perform file transfer to servercopy folder
for fileName in `ls -1 TES_ONE*`
cp $fileName $DROPDIR
} >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
1. Is there a way to validate ISQL connectivity in shell script(ksh) before executing any queries..?
2.what is the best way to handle NULL from ISQL restult assigned to a script variable ?(if ISQL connectivity fails)
rowCount=`/sybase/OCS-12_5/bin/isql -S $serverName -H $hostInfo -D $dbName -U... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a UNIX script which has two parts:
1. It connects to a database and refreshes a materialized view
2. It then connects to another database and inserts refresh statistics to a table
The script works, but I'm not too good at UNIX validation. Currently, if the first part of the job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matchey
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following:
We receve pipe delimited file with
Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd.
Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra