10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am a beginner in this and trying to write a shell script in linux which will :
1. Ask for a file name and check if its exists.
2. If file exists only then it will ask for the new target folder, after entering target folder name it will check if it exists.
3. If target folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist.
Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory.
i am trying below code but not working.
if ]; then
echo "file found"
echo "file not found"
However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
#Testing for file existence
if ; then
echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing'
echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING'
i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not.
If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am looking for a shell script with the following.
1. It should check whether a particular file exists in a location
echo "xxx.txt File Exists"
echo "File Not Found"
2. If file exists, it should check for the modified date and run a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeyan_mac
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to write a script that does the following:
it looks for a file in a specific directory and if the file is not there (NOT), it emails me. I have tried the following but its not working. It simply hangs up. Please help.
mail -s 'blah blah blah' my email... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
working on AIX 5.3.
Shell script in ksh to check if any file exists in 4 folders as below:
Thanks a lot for your time!
a1_win. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things:
STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning.
STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory
and i wnt to zip it.
In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the
particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check
for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether
the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar