10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
Could you please let me know how to start coding for the below requirement, based on your inputs I will start writing the code:
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
How to fetch the particular row based on my search command. For example
Column A Column B
To get this output I tried below mentioned function
grep '123456' filename.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
Am in need of your help one more time on my real data.
I have a file which contains more than thousand lines of data
Live data shown for 4 iterations. We have more than thousand lines of data:-
... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have code like
echo << EOF
The value of var is printed here is 1 but it should be 2
Any error there?
---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:33 AM ----------
echo var << EOF
echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a file with the below data as shown.
D|END OF FILE
I want to fetch only the records that contains C|, what is unix command to fetch this data.
Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: halpavan2
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have written a script that declares all the variables and its values in a conf file.
Now i use a variable whose value i need to change it in one of the sub-file that is used in the script.
In the startup file i want to print or check its value.
The value get changed and printed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this.
Thanks in advance,
Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
In my project i have two process runs in the back end.
Once i start my project, and execute the command ps, i get below output:
PID TTY TIME CMD
9086 pts/1 0:00 ksh
9241 pts/1 0:02 java
9240 pts/1 0:00 shell_script_bg
java with 9241 PID is the main... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection?
2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
question: for the below program
i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid
why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086
but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two!
can someone comment on that!
#define DIM 8
int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan