Originally Posted by steadyonabix
Nice approach to resolving the number of days; I have never seen it tackled that way.
I will play with it later.
Thanks for sharing it.
many date solutions use perl, which we did not want to use.
others use GNU date, which we don't have on many of our systems.
one possible problem is that this code is not time-zone aware yet, SSL dates are in GMT, the compare date is local system time.
this would only be an issue is you set the alert days to less than 2 or 3.
the code still needs error checking, input validation, usage notes, more comments, and some other clean-up...
this is just the first working version :-)
already we have found several SSL cert's that need re-issuing.