10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
I want to track only below:
I am using below, but it doesn't work: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have few lines like
I want to filter by
1. Files starting with A and Ending With Z ( ^A.*.ZIP$)
2. And either ANU, or KJK or MAT in the file name.
Hope my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i have a command line like this in csh script
grep -i "$argv$"
which i wanted to select the line ending with string provided as argument but it couldn't interpret the '$' (ending with)..
any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files.
open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat";
open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat";
# print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
grep '^*\-' input.txt
-2ab2-- (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am executing a svnlook command to check to see if the following line exists. I need a regular expression to represent the line.
I just need to extract... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kminkeller
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
please can someone tell me what the following regrex means
grep "^aa*$" <file>
I thought this would match any word beginning with aa and ending with $, but it doesnt.
Thanks in advance
Calypso (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calypso
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
Hi, guys. I have one question, hope somebody can give me a hand
I have a file called passwd, the contents of it arebelow:
...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
When i do ls -ld RT_BP* i am getting the following list.
drwxrwx--- 2 user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP809
drwxrwx--- 2user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP809.O
drwxrwx--- 2 user group 256 Oct 17 10:09 RT_BP810
drwxrwx--- 2user group 256 Oct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
my requirment goes like this:
I have a file, and wish to filter out records where
1. The first letter is o or O
2. The next 4 following letter should not be ther
I do not wish to use pipe and wish to do it in one shot.
The best expression I came up with is:
grep ^*... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja