10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a tab delimited file with values in three columns. Some values occur in all three columns, other values are present in only one or two columns. I would like to sort the file so that rows with no missing values come first, rows with one missing values come next, and rows with two... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MBarrett1213
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a below data in a .csv file where all rows where col1 is A, col2 is odd numbers, similarly even numbers for all rows where col1 is B.
Note that my data has some other columns(not shown here) too (around 100) after col2.
.... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below.
- I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2.
- I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have a tab delimited file that opens well in Openoffice calc (excel). But when I perform any operation in command line, it reads the file incorrectly. When I 'save As' the same file in office as tab delimited then it works fine.
The file that I think is tab delimited is actually... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imlearning
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I have the following code:
LIST=`ls | grep '.sql$'`
The above code will give me something like..
file1.sh file2.sh file3.sh file4.sh file5.sh
I want to display the values into rows using echo like...
file2.sh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
the similar topic is being opened in here and here but i have confused with following condition. so i wanted to open a seperate topic.
from my file.txt:...
110105-16:04:04 192.168.1.1 7.1j Port_NODE_MODEL_M_1_8 stopfile=/tmp/10544... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to print variables' values in certain format where space between two values of variables is "a tab"
I tried where I provided "tab" between two varibales.
But when it print values on screen its giving me output without spaces in two values.
Request you to help me in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using
while read record
value=`echo $record | cut -f12`
Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file.
But it is returning the full record.
Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have 2 different input files like this. I would like to pick the values or letters from the inputfile2 based on inputfile1 keys (A,F,N,X,Z).
I have done similar task by using awk but in that case the inputfiles are similar like in inputfile2 (all keys in 1st column and values in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer