communication framework/sfw for stand alone ksh scripts.

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting communication framework/sfw for stand alone ksh scripts.
# 1  
Old 05-19-2011
Question communication framework/sfw for stand alone ksh scripts.

Hi all:
This is an open question.
Which way/framework/sfw do you use to communicate/signals scripts running stand alone (on the same and different machines).
For example sometimes I use witness files to "trigger" that other script star/stop work and another one do a task of a job.
Of course; is kind easier if the scripts runs on the same machine; but what happend if the run on different ones?

The madness of write code that deal with network; the transport of the witness files isn't despicable; not mention of start another script that maybe /maybe not running. If there is no ssh/passwordless *shell (rsh/rlogin/ssh) ?

I have thinking that using a Dbus java interface could make this workable without the mess of having C/C++ code to compile and mix with KSH.

But what do you think/have done/use to make this usable and almost doable ?

Any idea/comment wellcome!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh behavior in scripts spawned w/nohup

I have a need to run any number of identical scripts simultaneously, so I've created a driver script which reads a template script, edits these appropriately and then submits them via nohup. The spawned scripts all check to see at some point how many of their number are running and once the count... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: safedba
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict access to .ksh scripts

Hi, How to restrict access to a .ksh script in such the way that the users can only execute the script, neither read nor write. I tried the below code so that my user alone has the rwx and other users can only execute. chmod 711 sample.ksh But when I logged in as a different user... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
26 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Communication between different hosts through shell scripts.

1) I have two scripts named as a.sh,b.sh running two different hosts host1 and host2 2) So now how to execute b.sh on host2 from a.sh on host1 3) Also I have few queries regarding the same as I want to execute few commands with sudo and with different user in script b.sh so how this can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Why is gcc missing from </usr/sfw/bin>

Hi All: Does anyone know why gcc would be missing from /usr/sfw/bin? Has it been replaced by another file in below directory? .... Do you think admins may have deleted it from here? More importantly, is there anything else I can use in here as an alternative for a C program compilation? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Associating scripts

Im writing a script in the Ksh, as the title suggests. OK so im sincerely tring to be lazy. Im trying to make a script that will use another file as a sort of variable library So basically i dont need to include the variables themselves, just want to make a reference to the file, so the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon002
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting ksh scripts to sh

Hello All, I have a whole bunch of shell scripts written in a ksh environment and which successfully execute there. However, I found out that they eventually need to be used in a sh environment. So some commands like some_variable=$(some_command) fail because sh doesn't understand $(.....). I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherkaner
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Should I delete openssl SFW packages and compile

I have a new solaris 10 install and would like to install the 64 bit versions. When I installed other packaged (mysql, gcc), I removed the preinstalled verion first. These are the currently installed packages and which should be removed (if any). Thank you system SUNWopenssl-commands ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing variables in ksh scripts?

In a ksh script on an AIX box running a jillion oracle database processes, I'm setting a variable to one of two possible arguments, depending on cmd line arguments. FINDIT="ps -ef | grep oracle | grep DBexport | grep rshrc" -or- FINDIT="ps -ef | grep oracle | grep prod | grep runback" I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedmelon
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
libjpeg.3(3)						 Introduction to Library Functions					      libjpeg.3(3)

NAME
libjpeg - image compression library SYNOPSIS
cc [flag...] -I/usr/sfw/include file [library...] -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -ljpeg DESCRIPTION
This package contains C software to implement JPEG image compression and decompression. JPEG is a standardized compression method for full- color and grayscale images. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWjpg | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), rdjpgcom(1), wrjpgcom(1) Additional documentation in the /usr/sfw/doc/jpeg directory. NOTES
This man page was originally written by the Independent JPEG Group. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 06 Apr 2004 libjpeg.3(3)