File compilation error on AIX

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File compilation error on AIX
# 1  
Old 01-01-2009
File compilation error on AIX

Hi All,

I am successfully able to compile the file through gcc.

At the time of compilling the file throught xlc, I am facing the following issues:
1) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <multimap.h> is not found.
2) 1540-0836 (S) The #include file <pair.h> is not found.
3) ld: 0706-012 The -X flag is not recognized.
ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l inker
ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 255.

Is anyone having any idea regarding the above issue.

Thanks In Advance

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Gcc compilation problem on AIX 6.1

Hi, I have to compile a program on my server, runs on AIX 6.1. On my test server the compilation is ok (AIX 6.1); but when I try it on production server, I have this gcc prog.c -o prog_out In file included from resmon.c:111: /usr/include/unistd.h:924: error: expected ')' before ' I noticed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnjulius
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Error in compilation of cxx file on Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc 2007/05/03)

Hi All when I am compiling the cxx file on the system with compiler version (CC: Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc 2007/05/03) , I am facing the following error:- /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -dy -misalign -xcode=abs64 -xarch=v9 -D__EXTENSIONS__ -Dsun4_R5=1 -I. -Isun4_R5_v... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

AIDE on AIX. Problem with compilation.

I want install AIDE (AIDE - Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment) on AIX 5.3L # oslevel -qs | head Known Service Packs ------------------- 5300-09-02-0849 5300-09-01-0847 5300-09-00-0000 5300-08-05-0846 5300-08-04-0844 5300-08-03-0831 5300-08-02-0822 5300-08-01-0819 5300-07-07-0846... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation Error

I am getting the below given errors for the following program though all the variables have been declared and used appropriately. Please Help. The environment is AIX. Error: ------ "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.4: 1506-275 (S) Unexpected text 'void' encountered. "gbsizeprofile.c", line 67.10:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yschd
2 Replies

5. AIX

ProC and other C file compilation problem on AIX

I am linking my compiled proC file with other C files and getting following error. ld: 0711-711 ERROR: Input file /opt/orabase/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib/libirc.a is empty. The file is being ignored. I used following command to compile my proC code. proc iname=dbConnect.pc code=ANSI_C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.singhal
0 Replies

6. Linux

c++ compilation error

Hello every one, here i am attempting to compile a c++ module using gcc.it is throwing a error . error: ==== > make -S dummyCHARGP /usr/local/bin/gcc -g -DDEBUG -DMAT -I. -I/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/lib/Linux/ -I/opt/dce/include -I/opt/dce/include/dce ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
12 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation error

I am compiling a software xchm on solaris 10. First i run './configure' There is no error. But when i start compiling using 'gmake' following error shown /usr/local/include/wx-2.6/wx/x11/brush.h: In copy constructor `wxBrush::wxBrush(const wxBrush&)':... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

8. Programming

Regarding compilation error.

Hi All, I facing the following compilation error; when I implementing the following logic. ostrstream ostr; ostr << (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())%12)!=0?(( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12+1) : (( scAxsm.getRecord( i ).getField( 2 ).getShort())/12) <<... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

9. AIX

The infamous compilation of Apache + Resin on AIX

Hello All, I'm trying to compile Apache + Resin on AIX. This seems to be a major issue with the AIX system as I've come across so far. I was able to successfully compile the apache portion with the recommended compiler 3.3.2 after googling a bit. Once agian, I'm stuck with the resin portion.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvargas2012R
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compilation diff between aix & solaris

what is the difference in awk stmt for awk in Aix & SOLARIS files="$@" for filename in $files do awk ' BEGIN { if ( FILENAME ~ ".*bad.trans.dsm" ) code = "bad"; else if ( FILENAME ~ ".*here.*.dsm" ) code = "here"; else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
ldd(1)							      General Commands Manual							    ldd(1)

NAME
ldd - List dynamic dependencies of executable files or shared objects SYNOPSIS
ldd [-rdV] filename OPTIONS
Prints warnings for any unresolved data symbol references that would occur as a result of filename being executed. (Checks references to only data objects, not functions.) Prints warnings for any unresolved symbol references that would occur as a result of filename being executed. (Checks references to both data objects and functions.) Displays the version of the ldd command. DESCRIPTION
The ldd command lists the dynamic dependencies of an executable file or shared object: If filename is an executable file, ldd lists the pathnames of all shared objects that would be loaded as a result of executing filename. If filename is a shared object, ldd lists the pathnames of all shared objects that would be loaded as a result of loading filename. The ldd command expects shared objects to have exe- cute permission, and if this is not the case, it will issue a warning before attempting to process the file. NOTES
The ldd command does not list shared objects explicitly attached by using dlopen(). The ldd command prints the record of shared object pathnames to stdout. The optional list of symbol resolution problems are printed to stderr. EXIT STATUS
If filename is not an executable file or a shared object, a non-zero exit status is returned. EXAMPLES
The following command lists the static dependencies of libXm.so: ldd /usr/shlib/libXm.so The following command lists the static dependen- cies of libXm.so as well as any unresolved symbol in libXm.so or any of its dependents: ldd -r /usr/shlib/libXm.so SEE ALSO
loader(5) ldd(1)