pstree unreadable characters

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat pstree unreadable characters
# 1  
Old 07-14-2008
pstree unreadable characters

hi all,

i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars:

init─┬─acpid
â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa
│ â”─amqzdmaa
│ â”─amqzfuma
│ â”─5*[amqzlaa0]
│ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea
│ │ └─runmqchi
│ â”─amqzmuc0
│ └─amqzmur0
â”─atd
â”─cimlistener
â”─cimserver
â”─crond
â”─daemonize───java
â”─dbus-daemon-1
â”─dirsnmpd
â”─dm_ep_engine
â”─dsmc
â”─esmd
â”─events/0─┬─aio/0

How do I fix it to make it easier to read with proper chars?

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 07-15-2008
try
Code:
pstree -A

# 3  
Old 07-18-2008
I noticed the same problem. I figured it was a putty/font artifact.

-A didn't work for me, but -G did work.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using pstree

Hi guys I am trying to write a script using pstree. I understand what pstree does and how to write the command etc but I want to have a script which adds up all of the processes in the tree to get a whole number instead of the tree list which would normally come out. What I have done so far... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pstree but without other children of ancestors

Hi, I want to display the process tree of a given PID, however, I don't want to see other children of the ancestors that don't reach the current PID. My goal is, from the tree result, i have to fetch a particular parent process by keyword, and if any other children from parents have the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use pstree command?

Hi, How to use the pstree command. I tried to execute as below, not able to interpret/understand the output. pstree -p | grep 525 OUTPUT: $ pstree -p | grep 525 ââscsi_eh_0(525) Can anyone throw some light on this? Many thanks. Rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files unreadable in unix, help needed.

Hi, I developed a java application in Windows and transferred it to a HP-UX environment(using WinSCP) for deployment. I used "chmod 777 ..." for granting rights to the files. After I did this, whenever I go into that directory(or it's immediate parent directory) and hit "ls"......it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file does not exist or unreadable in an FTP script

I will appreciate any help with this... I have a file in this directory that looks like: this 07210900.SUP, I am getting the following error: Activities for Tue Jul 21 07:29:14 EDT 2009: File 07210900.SUP does not exist or unreadable End of activities The idea is to capture the file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference between pstree and pstree.x11

anyone knows? both commands lies in /usr/bin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unreadable

Hi, can someone explain what does this mean and why does this happen? i had this problem last week, and Unix admin said that he has to rebuild the file system. Now i am getting this error again. aaaa% ls . unreadable :mad: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treneryy
7 Replies

8. Linux

pstree problem

hi friends i want to know that which user has loggged from real terminal(konsole) using pstree please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unreadable

Hi Guys, I have one query. Say I have one script named test.sh. My Question: There is any method by which I can make this script (test.sh) non-human readable( like Encrypt) format as well as it should be executable also(mean to say it (test.sh) should not change its behaviour). Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unreadable Unix File

Hi Everyone, I have a question for you all. I am working at a company and we are trying to recover .dat files which were created on an older linux box and we have a folder of .dat files that are unreadable. When you try to open them in a text editor you get jibberish all shapes and sizes and... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryangfm
19 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question