create graph with detail info

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers create graph with detail info
# 1  
Old 02-18-2010
create graph with detail info

hey,

i want to create a graph.
The graph should show how many IPs are connected to a pool. But the graph should also show which IPs are connected.
Does anyone know a tool which is able to do that?

I already worked with PNP but I think this can't work because of rrd.
# 2  
Old 02-18-2010
gnuplot:
gnuplot homepage
# 3  
Old 02-18-2010
oh wow the syntax of gnuplot are very hardcore for me.

Maybe I forgot to write that the graph should be created dynamic.
Every 15 minutes new datas are created by cronjob and should be written to the graph.

I have better experience in Tools which show the graph via webinterface and save the datas in a database.

Do you know such a tool?
# 4  
Old 02-18-2010
Maybe GraphViz?
# 5  
Old 02-18-2010
i looked at the gallery and it seems that's not what I search.
I think such a graph is best gnuplot demo script: histograms.dem

on the y-axis the connects and on the x-axis the time and the IPs.

Best option would be when the IP is only shown when the user points on the point of the graph in the webinterface.
But i suspect that's not possible with an OpenSource application.
# 6  
Old 02-18-2010
Oh, it is possible with Open Source. It's just not available for free, meaning you'd have to invest some time and sweat yourself. Basically, you'd have to generate a graph plus the surrounding HTML, and a bit of JavaScript to display a certain tooltip when the mouse moves over a certain part of the graph.
# 7  
Old 02-18-2010
Oh that sounds after a big project.

Do you know some howtos (for creating graphs, maybe Javascript afterwards) (in german would be best Smilie )

I do just my apprenticeship so I think it's very good for my knowledge to do that things, but I don't find the point where I can start )-:

edit: Is it right that i have first to put the datas into a MySQL database, then create via php the diagram an then modify it with JavaScript?

Last edited by vostro; 02-18-2010 at 10:32 AM..

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tape Drive Detail

Hi, I am using HP Ultarium Tape drive to backup my oracle DB. Is that any command to identify the tape serial number or any other tape details that inserted into the tape drive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an 'uptime' graph?

Hi, Can someone advise how to create an uptime graph? I want to create one for an Oracle database to be able to show how long it's been up for. UNIX SA dont't want to install any database plugin that I can use. I am just looking for something 'simple' similar to Nagios/Cacti. Not sure what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a file from ls -l command and append additional info to results

I need to be able to take the results from ls -l command and modify the output as follows: I will run ls -l *.mak My results will be aa.mak bb.mak cc.mak I then need to take those results and create a file that has the following info: dsjj/ubin/aa dsjj/ubin/bb dsjj/ubin/cc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

4. AIX

about detail scope in AIX

I am mac end user learn some shell and applescripting I am looking AIX as system admin as career and learning AIX p520 what is scope of AIX as admin and about technology in demand in market I am confused, can anybody from AIX elaborate or mail me some experience please: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himanshuk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Product instalaltion detail

Hi all experts, I want to find out what oracle product has come with the server and their version detail. We have Solaris 10. Can you tell me what Unix command will full fill this requirement? Thanks, AJ -----Post Update----- please help -----Post Update----- please help guys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ma466
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Patch detail and link

Hi All, My system patch detail is below Generic_12712-11 sun4u . can you please, what patch level is needed and where can i get it . Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux rrdtool help create graph

I need some help with creating graphs using the rrdtool. I have never used it before. I installed by yum install rrdtool. Basically I have a txt file with these values 432 542 234 531 1004 Does anyone know the syntax of rrdtool to automatically take the values from the txt file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Top command in detail

hi frnds when i run the top it wil give the following o/p i want to know what it indicate ....??? what is us,sy,ni,id,wa ,etc .....?? ------------------------------- o/p -------------------- Tasks: 551 total, 1 running, 550 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 6.0%us, 3.2%sy, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckypower
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does metaroot in detail?

I have a problem with a submirror of the root filesystem, in the procedure in order to unmirror the FS say: metadetach -f d0 d20 metaroot c0t0d0s0 but, in my system the metaroot cause a segmentation fault coredump. I knew that the command modify the /etc/system and the /etc/vfstab. I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hugo_perez
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting detail out of a log file...

I'd like to peruse a log file and from it generate another file from the first instance of "Jul 11" to the first instance of "Jul 18" within the log file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question