Old 03-25-2013
To get char between pattern

hi,
this my text
Read 21 physical / 21 logical HMMs
Read lattice with 16 nodes / 36 arcs
Created network with 53 nodes / 73 links
File: speech.mfc
!sil two eight six nine six eight !sil == [615 frames] -68.5133 [Ac=-41415.7 LM=-720.0] (Act=50.4)......................

i need to extract output text as two eight six nine six eight(i.e char between !sil)
# 2  
Old 03-25-2013
One way:

Code:
awk -F'!sil' '/!sil/{print $2}' file

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:
# 3  
Old 03-25-2013
Here's another way:
Code:
grep -o '!sil .* !sil' temp.txt | sed 's/!sil//g'

This User Gave Thanks to hanson44 For This Post:
# 4  
Old 03-25-2013
thanks this is what iam looking two
# 5  
Old 03-25-2013
Try also
Code:
$ sed -rn 's:^!sil | !sil.*$::gp' file
two eight six nine six eight

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a char before a pattern?

Hi I have a file where i want to remove a char before a specific pattern. exp: CREATE TABLE ( A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed )AS SELECT A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed FROM TABLE. So i want to delete the comma(,) after the C both ways.Pattern can be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

3. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

5. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

7. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

9. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question