Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To get char between pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To get char between pattern Post 302785143 by guruprasadpr on Monday 25th of March 2013 01:51:17 AM
Old 03-25-2013
One way:

Code:
awk -F'!sil' '/!sil/{print $2}' file

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

2. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how first char in odd line and second char in even line

Hi I m having ifconfig -a o/p like sbanlab1:ksh# ifconfig -a | egrep "flags|inet" | awk -F' ' '{print $1,$2}' lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 lo0:1: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> inet 127.0.0.1 bge0:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
1 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a char before a pattern?

Hi I have a file where i want to remove a char before a specific pattern. exp: CREATE TABLE ( A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed )AS SELECT A, B, C, ----comma needs to be removed FROM TABLE. So i want to delete the comma(,) after the C both ways.Pattern can be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
11 Replies
HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)						       hwloc							HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)

NAME
hwloc-distances - Displays distance matrices SYNOPSIS
hwloc-distances [options] OPTIONS
-l --logical Display hwloc logical indexes (default) instead of physical/OS indexes. -p --physical Display OS/physical indexes instead of hwloc logical indexes. -i <file>, --input <file> Read topology from XML file <file> (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). If <file> is "-", the standard input is used. XML support must have been compiled in to hwloc for this option to be usable. -i <directory>, --input <directory> Read topology from the chroot specified by <directory> (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). This option is generally only available on Linux. The chroot was usually created by gathering another machine topology with hwloc-gather-topology. -i <specification>, --input <specification> Simulate a fake hierarchy (instead of discovering the topology on the local machine). If <specification> is "node:2 pu:3", the topology will contain two NUMA nodes with 3 processing units in each of them. The <specification> string must end with a number of PUs. --if <format>, --input-format <format> Enforce the input in the given format, among xml, fsroot and synthetic. --restrict <cpuset> Restrict the topology to the given cpuset. -v --verbose Verbose messages. --version Report version and exit. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-distances displays also distance matrices attached to the topology. A breadth-first traversal of the topology is performed starting from the root to find all distance matrices. NOTE: lstopo may also display distance matrices in its verbose textual output. However lstopo only prints matrices that cover the entire topology while hwloc-distances also displays matrices that ignore part of the topology. EXAMPLES
On a quad-socket opteron machine: $ hwloc-distances Latency matrix between 4 NUMANodes (depth 2) by logical indexes: index 0 1 2 3 0 1.000 1.600 2.200 2.200 1 1.600 1.000 2.200 2.200 2 2.200 2.200 1.000 1.600 3 2.200 2.200 1.600 1.000 RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-distances returns 0. hwloc-distances will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1) 1.7 Apr 07, 2013 HWLOC-DISTANCES(1)