Changing keymap in Xfce4?

Operating Systems Linux Changing keymap in Xfce4?
# 1  
Old 04-05-2006
Changing keymap in Xfce4?

How can I do that? I just changed it in the console but apparently it doesn't change the X system. I'm using Arch.

/Richard
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rdesktop - ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us

I just updated my rdesktop to 1.8.3 from source ( on Slackware 11 ) and had troubles with arrow keys/page up/page down not working. I see this on the console: ERROR: Failed to open keymap en-us The fix is a permission change. I initially looked at /usr/share/rdesktop/keymaps and everything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
1 Replies

2. Linux

[archLinux] keymap not applied?

Heyas -Just- installed Arch, and having difficulties to understand why my keyboard layout still is en_US, eventhough i had set it to be de_CH. *UTF-8 obviously* This applies to console AND X. * https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners%27_guide#Console_font_and_keymap *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

3. Linux

Switch application in xfce4

Hello All, I'm using xfce4 and I'm unable to configure keyboard shortcut to switch application. I had done this before but now I'm not able to remember. I tried configuring shortcut using settings>keyboard> Application shortcuts then Add. But I'm not sure what to choose among the options. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnithink
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing from one shell to another

Hi all,I installed cent OS in my machine. Now when i open the terminal and start writing some commands, then by default with which shell i am working with? Will i be able to change the shell and then run a few commands? if possible then how to change the shell? Please reply Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing / to - with vi

Hi just learning Unix in college now and this is my first post here, so I dunno if this goes here, or in the homework section technically. Anywho, trying to change all the / in a file into - using vi... i went into the command prompt, and put in :%s///-/g and it comes up with E488: Trailing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoVi3t
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rdesktop failed to open keymap common#015

Hi everybody... I have installed qrdesktop(is a tool similar to rdesktop used to access remote desktop) on Ubuntu 8.10. when i am accessing the remote desktop some of the keyboard keys are not working on remote desktop like up arrow ,down arrow, left, right, delete etc. the output of tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

changing my nickname

Hello, is it possible to change my nickname? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Changing IP address

Hi ,,, i just come across this forum and i make it a must to be pay a visit here everyday and through it am learning a lots of things which am sure i will be able to share later... So i have a prob with my pc when i try to change my Ip address in the dos command using ipconfig command i got a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)

NAME
install-keymap -- expand a given keymap and install it as boot-time keymap SYNOPSIS
install-keymap [keymap-name | NONE | KERNEL] DESCRIPTION
install-keymap usually takes a keymap-name as argument. The file is passed to loadkeys for loading, so that valid values for this argument are the same than that of arguments to loadkeys. install-keymap expands include-like statements in that file, and puts the result in /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz, which will be loaded into the kernel at boot-time. One may also specify KERNEL instead of a keymap name, causing /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz to be removed, making sure that no custom keymap will replace the kernel's builtin keymap at next reboot. An argument of NONE tells the command to do nothing. It can be used by caller scripts to avoid handling this special case and needlessly duplicate code. The purpose of this processing is to solve an annoying problem, of 2 apparently conflicting issues. The first one is an important goal of keymap management in Debian, namely ensuring that whenever the user or admin is expected to use the keyboard, the keymap selected as boot- time keymap is in use; this means the keymap has to be loaded before a shell is ever proposed, which means very early in the booting process, and especially before all local filesystems are mounted (/etc/rcS.d/S10checkroot.sh can spawn sulogin). The second issue is that for flexibility we allow that /usr or /usr/share may live on their own partition(s), and thus /usr/share/keymaps, where keymap files live, may not be available for reading at the time we need a keymap file. And no, we won't put 1Mb of keymaps in the root partition just for this. And the problem is, most keymap files are not self-contained, so it does not help to just copy the selected file into the root partition. The best known solution so far is to expand the keymap file so that it becomes self-contained, and put it in the root partition. That's what this tool does. FILES
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz Where the boot-time keymap is stored SEE ALSO
loadkeys (8). AUTHOR
This program and manual page were written by Yann Dirson dirson@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but as it should not include any Debian-specific code, it may be used by others. INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)