10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
Unix AIX, on WebLogic
How to Restart the web server
Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I have a couch Db server running. I have written a script which will check and kill the multiple instances of the same and then start again a new one.
Now when i start the db server manually, the UI of the DB is accessible via browser. But when i do the same using cronjob, the UI of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarath@123
3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I am new to LINUX/UNIX administration task. My Infrastructure admin has allocated me a special lab server in client location. Per my requirement, had chanted few settings in LINUX/UNIX and need to reboot the server. I am the "root" user. I had used "shutdown -r now" at command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
My i ask how to restart the Xvnc server running on a solaris box. This is the Xvnc server running process:
Xvnc:1 -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -geometry 1024x768 -rfbwait 5000 -rfauth <dir> -rfbport <port no> -alwaysshared
1. Should i kill the process and restart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
5. Red Hat
- I have CentOs server 5.4 , I usually remote by ssh.
- My problem is server usually restart but I don't reason. I check log in file /var/log/messages: I don't see "signal 15" which kernel have to receive before restart. Everyone can see in attach.
- I try to restart with command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vietbk87
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am new to AIX shell scripting, please help......
I want to write a automatically restart script for one of my application. For example, the application name: ABC (you can see its ID from ps -ef | grep ABC). It can be started by ABC.sh file but it has to be stopped by using "ps -ef | grep ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsmitha2009
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need a command that restart the tomcat server.
for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script.
like using the grep and ps commands can i use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup in fedora?
... Establish a shell then run some of command code.
Thanks for Help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically.
Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service.
Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
WITHOUT shutdown X ???
Ivan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oneivan