Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Update the database
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Update the database Post 99938 by madaans on Wednesday 22nd of February 2006 11:13:30 AM
Old 02-22-2006
How to Update the database

I have to read one input file which will give me some tables info like TradeNo,MsgId,status etc...
I have read that TradeNo from that input file and then look for that trade no in the database table and in the database I have to update the columns for that particular trade which I am getting fron that input file.....
I dnt know how to write exactly.as i am new to shell Script.
and the other thing I can do is I can pass all these paramaters commandline also...
I really dnt know how to write the scripts and I have to write it in k shell...
help me out....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rebuild/update fuppes database if files are added/removed from directory

The title says it all. I have a upnp server running fuppes that is connected to my xbox360. In order to see the files on the xbox360 i have to manually update and rebuild the database anytime i add or remove files. I have tried cron jobs to do it every 20 min which works, but if I am streaming... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tr6699
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database

CAN I download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapasainfo
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to update rpm database regarding removed file of a package?

For Suppose, I have installed a package having files file1, file2 and file3. After installation, I removed the file "file3". But "rpm -qf file3" is giving the package name, even file3 was not there. And also "rpm -ql package" is also displaying all 3 files. How can i update rpm database about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here ==' This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this. ================================== My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kapom
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a database table in a for loop

Im trying to update an informix database table for each occurance of a head_barcode in a file called mw within a for loop please see below - cant get the syntax correct. any help please? for a in `cat /tmp/mw` do sql image - << STOP > /dev/null 2>&1 update doc_table set status =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
4 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-tables - Get listing of tables in an MDB database SYNOPSIS
mdb-tables [-S] [-1 | -d delimiter] database DESCRIPTION
mdb-tables is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. It produces a list of tables contained within an MDB database in a format suitable for use in shell scripts. OPTIONS
-S Show system tables. System tables are generally those beginning with 'MSys' -1 specifies that the tables should be listed 1 per line. -d delimiter specifies an alternative delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, table names will be delimited by a tab character, or by newline if the -1 option was specified. NOTES
ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options HISTORY
mdb-tables first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-tables utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
Access allows for tables to have spaces embeded in the table name. You must specify a delimiter (-d) if you intend on piping the output of mdb-tables to a program such as awk or cut. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)