Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can we get the list of users who accessed a file Post 99855 by Chanakya.m on Wednesday 22nd of February 2006 02:03:57 AM
Old 02-22-2006
Can we get the list of users who accessed a file

Hi all,
I will thankful if anybody helps me in finding out the users who accessed any of our files.

Thanks in advance
Chanakya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list file which is accessed yesterday

how can I use 'ls' to list file which is accessed yesterday? Thx :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron_fong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know which login file is being accessed

when unix is logged in it access some login file depending on the shell like .cshrc , .login , .vimrc , .bashrc how can we know which is being access in a perticular unix flavor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. AIX

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the list of users who modified a file

Dear all, Need a quick help/suggestion on monitoring a particular directory . We have a deployment directory say (/users/integration/deploy ) under this there are several files which can be edited by a number of users - We need to write a script which will check this deployment directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apending a list of users to a file

Hi guys, As part of my UNIx homework, I have created a file named dir_listing, which is based within directories. This file already contains the root directory root_dir. I am now required to append a list of users to dir_listing. i can obtain the list by simply typing users, but how would I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out last 5 users who have accessed a file?

Hi All, is there any command or script to find out last five users who have accessed a file thanks jcpratap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File shows in ls but cannot be accessed

I can do an ls -l CD* and see the following CDTEST userA RW RW R and I an logged on as userA. But if I do an ls -l the file does not appear. If I do a vi CDTEST it tries to create a new file named CDTEST. If I do a mv or rm I get the message no file of name CDTEST found. Any idea what is going on.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeeT
3 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)