Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep within ksh program
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep within ksh program Post 99800 by cin2000 on Tuesday 21st of February 2006 04:11:28 PM
Old 02-21-2006
grep command in ksh

Hello?

Is it so strange that no one knows about it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

date program in ksh

#Author : kkodava #!/usr/bin/ksh #Use of this program is You can findout the no of days & day of starting and ending dates #usage no_of_days startdate<yyyymmdd> enddate<yyyymmdd> syy=`echo $1|cut -c1-4` smm=`echo $1|cut -c5-6` sdd=`echo $1|cut -c7-8` eyy=`echo $2|cut -c1-4` emm=`echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna
1 Replies

2. Programming

parameters from my program in c to a .ksh script

hi.. this is my question: it is possible transfer parameters from my program written in C to a .ksh script? how can i do it? i have a program in C, what is called from a .ksh script, and i need what the C program returns some values (parameters) please, help me - any idea thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program with password

Hi, I am looking for a way to utilize password when the ksh program is launched. What's the standard or best way to do it? Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke perl program from Ksh

Hi all, Can I invoke a perl script from Ksh script and pass parameters to the perl script. Please do help me.. thanks Maha (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ksh to C program

Hi Guys...is there a way to convert a .ksh script to .C program..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating a Java program using KSH

Hi Guys, We have a java program that basically install updates to an existing software. The java program consist of several screens asking user for choices (please see below for a detailed example) *** Screen 1 *** Please choose the operation you want to perform: 1. Install new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddmaster
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing answers to external program from KSH

I have asked this before but I haven't had any luck so far getting this to work. I use RCS(revision control system). When it runs if I pass the value 'unlock' to $3 its reassigned to $unlock. When I run the command (rcs -u'version number' 'filename') ti will ask me 1-(Do you want to break the lock... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjones006
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program

Hi, I have a text file with multiple sql statements in which I have pick only the below select update and delete statements and do print as given below. All the select,update,delete statements will be as same as ( subquery with ().all statements ending with ; ) the examples given below. 1)... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Program Not Executing On Linux with KSH

Overview: I have an AWK program that parses thru a database backup server log file and outputs ths following parameters SRNO DATE : TIME SIZE IN(KB) DATABASE NAME DUMP TYPE 1 May 16 2012: 13:30:00 6874 TestDB database 2 May 16 2012: 13:30:44 11462 master database Problem: This program has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l`

i have this line of code that looks for the same file if it is currently running and returns the count. `ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh | grep -v grep | wc -l` basically it is assigned to a variable ISRUNNING=`ps -eaf -o args | grep -i sfs_pcard_load_file.ksh |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
6 Replies
AMSUNTAR(8)						  System Administration Commands					       AMSUNTAR(8)

NAME
amsuntar - Amanda Application to interface with native tar utility available on solaris platforms DESCRIPTION
Amsuntar is an Amanda Application API script. It should not be run by users directly. It uses Solaris bundled tar utility to backup and restore data. Currenty ACLs from ZFS file system can only be backed up using the solaris supplied tar utility. The diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be the directory to backup. Solaris 10 supports Role Based Access Control(RBAC) which is enabled by default. To run backup operations using sun tar utility by under privileged user like amandabackup, amandabackup user need to have proper roles and profiles, specially "Media Backup" profile/role. This can be done using 'usermod -P "Media Backup" amandabackup' command. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amsuntar's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on application properties and how they are configured. BLOCK-SIZE Optional tar read or write block size. The default is 256. DIRECTORY If set, suntar will backup from that directory instead of the diskdevice set by the DLE. On restore, the data is restore in that directory instead of the current working directory. EXTENDED-ATTRIBUTES Include extended attributes in archive. The default is YES. EXTENDED-HEADERS Write tar file with extended headers. With this optiion the modification time is maintained with a granularity of microseconds,Long file names and file sizes greater than 8GB can be archived. The default is YES. SUNTAR-PATH The path to the suntar binary. The default is set when Amanda is built. LANG Default LANG is "C". suntar require an UTF-8 LANG if you have UTF-8 filename and it is configured for extended headers. A good value can be "en_US.UTF-8" if that locale is installed on your machine. NORMAL List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that are normal output from sun tar. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report if the dump result is STRANGE or FAILED. Default values: is not a file. Not dumped$ same as archive file$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. IGNORE List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that amanda ignore. These output are never in the email report. STRANGE List all regex (Perl Regular Expression syntax) that are strange output from sun tar. The result of the dump is STRANGE if sun tar produce a strange output. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report. Default values: : invalid character in UTF-8 conversion of : UTF-8 conversion failed.$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. ERROR List all regex (perl Regular Expression syntax) that are error output from sun tar. All sun tar output that doesn't match a normal, ignore or strange regex are error by default. The result of the dump is FAILED if sun tar produce an error output. These output are in the "FAILED DUMP DETAILS" section of the email report. Default values: : Permission denied$ To treat one of these default patterns differently, specify it explicitly in a different property. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Satya Ganga <gast@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMSUNTAR(8)