Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Boot from cd-rom to access disk drives Post 99773 by xadamz23 on Tuesday 21st of February 2006 12:31:31 PM
Old 02-21-2006
Boot from cd-rom to access disk drives

Hello,

I've booted a Digital Unix 4.0D system from cd-rom and I need to access the system's disk drives. I need to run the fixfdmn utility on the root domain so I need to create the root domain in /etc/fdmns.

Could someone tell me how to access my system's disk drives after I've booted from cd-rom?

I have searched all over Google and this forum and found nothing.

Please help.

Thanks,
Adam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access my cd-rom in unix?

My os is freebsd. How can I access the cd-rom? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cantona
1 Replies

2. Linux

How to access WINDOWS drives from RED HAT 9???

Hello , I am using Red hat 9. I want to access the windows drives from my Linux. Can you please tell me the commands to mount those drives. Till now I am rebooting into windows, copying files into a pen drive and then again coming back to Red hat. help me please (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
7 Replies

3. Solaris

how to choose drives(dual boot)

Hi, and a very Happy New Year to all the members. I am new to unix.com. I wanted to install sunsolaris 10 and get dual boot it with Rhel5,WindowsXp. Problem is when it comes use the partition i am confused as to how to partition it or select a partition for Sun solaris. please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunty82
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to distinguish dvd rom or hard disk

Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description ============================================================================ disk 0 0/0/2/0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE EAC DVD-ROM DW-224EV /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Flagged Drives Create Access Privilege Issues

Upon trying to open up permissions between 2 accounts in Snow Leopard I caused the os to crash - restarting/turning off then on did nothing - the os would no longer load. I took it into Apple where they got the os back up and running with a slight twist. The secondary drive was flagged (a little... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra 5 will not boot from DVD ROM :(

Hi, I just got a new Ultra 5 and replaced the CD-ROM with an LG DVD-ROM (approved and listed in Sun HCL). Got the DVD-ROM installed to install Solaris 10. Im just learning and new to Solaris installation. When I insert a Solaris 10 DVD I see that it gets mounted and File Manager opens and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greypilgrim
8 Replies

7. Solaris

How to boot from Cd-rom in Server Sunfire v250?

Howto boot from Cd-rom in Server Sunfire v250? The system can't boot because the filesystem is corrupt. The system say: run manually fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s5 But, I don't now how to make this. I tried use stop + a, but nothing hapend. Someone can I help? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigux
13 Replies

8. Debian

attempting to boot from cd rom

i just installed Debian Lenny on HP DL380. After the server rebooted, it still asks for me to insert a cd rom. where can I exactly check the settings for the boot menu? Should it use the hard disk since I didnt insert any cd? pls advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies
bsnes-purify(6) 						   Games Manual 						   bsnes-purify(6)

NAME
bsnes-purify - Tool for preparing ROMs for usage with bsnes SYNOPSIS
bsnes-purify scan source-dir output-file bsnes-purify output source-dir target-dir DESCRIPTION
bsnes can not open all ROMs. For example SNES ROMs have to be without copier headers and with the filename extension .sfc. Recent versions of bsnes support games to be arranged in cartridge folders (see below). bsnes 0.089 and later will only support cartridge folders. bsnes-purify searches a directory for ROMs and performs an action on them. It also finds ROMs contained in .zip files. bsnes-purify scan writes a list of the found ROMs together with their SHA256 checksums and sizes to a file. bsnes-purify output creates for each found ROM a cartridge folder with the files program.rom and and manifest.xml in the target directory. If the original ROM was a headered SNES ROM, program.rom will be the same, but without the header. CARDRIDGE FOLDERS
Cartridge folders are intendended to contain all data belonging to a game. The name of a cartridge folder has to end with one of the file- name extensions sfc, fc, gb, gbb, gbc or gba, depending on the system the game is for. The user has to make sure that the following files exist program.rom the game ROM manifest.xml Additional data about the cartridge, generated by bsnes-purify. Sometimes bsnes-purify can't guess all the information for this file and it has to be edited manually. dsp1.rom, dsp1b.rom, dsp2.rom, dsp3.rom, dsp4.rom, st010.rom, st011.rom, st018.rom or cx4.rom Some SNES games have pre-programmed coprocessors (DSPs) built into their cartridges. For these games, the required DSP programs also need to be in the cartridge folders. bsnes itself also writes files to cartridge folders, for example the data that would be saved to RAM in real cartridges to save progress, or bsnes specific save states. For further details, please ask at http://board.byuu.org/. SEE ALSO
bsnes(6) MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Tobias Hansen May 11, 2012 bsnes-purify(6)