Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new member need help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers new member need help Post 99506 by blowtorch on Saturday 18th of February 2006 12:46:44 AM
Old 02-18-2006
unix.com was started by Neo back in 1992. Check the hall of fame for some of the details. The forum members are spread across the world; we have guys from Australia all the way to Chile.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

member titles

I must have missed it , but what do Junior Memeber/Member mean? is there a reference arounf for the significance of these titles ? Thanks, Hezki (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
3 Replies

2. Solaris

As a new member how do I go about asking question to the administrator and other users (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malusims
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Who is The First Member !!!

Hello Admins Just tell me who is the first member of this forum. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HI Bruce from Central PA I have never used Unix but am sick of Microsoft so want to learn it. I use to own a computer store front and training center and stated our with Atari, Commodore and the 1st PC and MS/DOS then Windows BUT sick of Microsoft controlling the computer industry. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brucec
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEW MEMBER PLZ HELP

hi , I am solaris 9 certified system administrator and planning to upgrade to solaris 10, can any one help me to get course meterial hard or soft copy. plz contact ' urgent' Thanks. yappoo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yappoo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Member - First Question

Here is my situation... System - HP UNIX (HP-UX hq5 B.11.00 U 9000/800 (td)) I have an HL7 (Health Level Seven) pipe-delimied file that does not have any carriage returns/line feeds. I need to insert a line feed before each segment type (MSH, PID, PV1, OBX, etc.) so that my PROGRESS program... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varefump
16 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

i am new member i hope here is good friends (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annsoo
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Hi guys! My name is Leonida and I am new here to this forum. Nice meeting you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leeoona
1 Replies
Gedcom::Individual(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Gedcom::Individual(3pm)

NAME
Gedcom::Individual - a module to manipulate Gedcom individuals Version 1.16 - 24th April 2009 SYNOPSIS
use Gedcom::Individual; my $name = $i->name; my @rel = $i->father; my @rel = $i->mother; my @rel = $i->parents; my @rel = $i->husband; my @rel = $i->wife; my @rel = $i->spouse; my @rel = $i->siblings; my @rel = $i->brothers; my @rel = $i->sisters; my @rel = $i->children; my @rel = $i->sons; my @rel = $i->daughters; my @rel = $i->descendents; my @rel = $i->ancestors; my $ok = $i->delete; my @fam = $i->famc; my @fam = $i->fams; DESCRIPTION
A selection of subroutines to handle individuals in a gedcom file. Derived from Gedcom::Record. HASH MEMBERS
None. METHODS
name my $name = $i->name; Return the name of the individual, with spaces normalised. cased_name my $cased_name = $i->cased_name; Return the name of the individual, with spaces normalised, and surname in upper case. surname my $surname = $i->surname; Return the surname of the individual. given_names my $given_names = $i->given_names; Return the given names of the individual, with spaces normalised. soundex my $soundex = $i->soundex; Return the soundex code of the individual. This function is only available if Text::Soundex.pm is available. sex my $sex = $i->sex; Return the sex of the individual, "M", "F" or "U". Individual functions my @rel = $i->father; my @rel = $i->mother; my @rel = $i->parents; my @rel = $i->husband; my @rel = $i->wife; my @rel = $i->spouse; my @rel = $i->siblings; my @rel = $i->older_siblings; my @rel = $i->younger_siblings; my @rel = $i->brothers; my @rel = $i->sisters; my @rel = $i->children; my @rel = $i->sons; my @rel = $i->daughters; my @rel = $i->descendents; my @rel = $i->ancestors; Return a list of individuals related to $i. Each function, even those with a singular name such as father(), returns a list of individuals holding that relation to $i. More complex relationships can easily be found using the map function. eg: my @grandparents = map { $_->parents } $i->parents; delete my $ok = $i->delete; Delete $i from the data structure. This function will also set $i to undef. This is to remind you that the individual cannot be used again. Returns true iff $i was successfully deleted. Family functions my @fam = $i->famc; my @fam = $i->fams; Return a list of families to which $i belongs. famc() returns those families in which $i is a child. fams() returns those families in which $i is a spouse. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-12 Gedcom::Individual(3pm)