Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting conversion from EPOCH timestamp to local time zone Post 99432 by abhijeetkul on Friday 17th of February 2006 05:19:26 AM
Old 02-17-2006
MySQL

solaris 8.0

i know one command:

bash$ perl -e '$date = localtime(xxxxxxxxxx);print "$date\n";'
where xxxxxxxxxx is epoch timestamp.

it works ,i guess...
how do i put it in a script where my input is a text file containing a column of EPOCH numbers?

how do i get the o/p? can v have the o/p in a diffrent file ? if yes,how?
can v take the o/p in excel ?

i m blank on "perl" scripting.

abhijeet

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Not able to ping global zone from local zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to ping the local zone from global zone when i am trying to ping i am getting below ICMP Host Unreachable from gateway zone ( 192.268.35.210) for icmp from zone ( 192.168.35.210) to sun1 ( 192.168.35.210) However i can ping local zone from global please... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

epoch conversion

I need to convert an epoch time from a file into a standard UTC time and output it in the same format but I'm not sure what's the best approach here's the input file and the bold part is what I need to convert. 1,1,"sys1",60,300000 2,"E:",286511144960 3,1251194521,"E:",0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satchy321
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Covert Global zone to local zone

Dears, I would like to convert solaris 10 x86 and solaris 10 sparc (Global Zones) physical servers into Local zones. i found a document which seems to be helpful but i'm stuck @ the 1st step. to test this i want to do it 1st on x86 system running under vmware ESXi and if it succeeds i will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mduweik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch & Unix Timestamp Conversion Tools

Hi All, Please read the below data carefully. I need an unix command for converting unix timestamp to Epoch timestamp. I need to daily convert this today's unix(UTC) time to epoch time, so i am thinking to make a shellscript for this. Please help me for this by providing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Epoch Time Conversion

Hi there I came across this script online to convert Epoch time to proper date format, but I am receiving the following error Also, I have HISTTIMEFORMAT set in user's .profile so that their history output shows time stamps. Additionally I have changed their .history location to a dedicated... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

7. Programming

Python conversion to epoch time

Hi. I have timestamps that I am trying to convert to epoch time. An example: I am trying to convert this to an epoch timestamp but have one little glitch. I have this: import time date_time = '' pattern = '' epoch = int(time.mktime(time.strptime(date_time, pattern))) print epoch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Zone Conversion (backwards of what I want)

I am trying to convert local time to time in Ireland. Instead it is going the opposite direction (taking the local time as it if were in Ireland and displaying that the time would be here). $ echo "$TZ"; date; date --date='TZ="Europe/Dublin" '"$(date)" America/Phoenix Mon, Apr 13, 2015... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GMT to local Time conversion

How can I convert the following date format: New Log Date = 2016-12-30 23:50:33 GMT from GMT time to local time? Thanks (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
13 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD