Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comma seperator
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comma seperator Post 99400 by premar on Thursday 16th of February 2006 11:42:38 PM
Old 02-17-2006
comma seperator

Hi Guys sorry if i have violated the rules.Since my issue now has changed to a different one I created a new thread. Previously I had issue with cuting the columns in file and now my issue is about comma delimiter.
In some of other forums I have seen rules to create a new thread if our topic changes. Thats the reason I created a new thread.And this is my first thread.so I am unaware of the rules here..sorry..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Field Seperator Help

I wrote a script on HPUX 11.11 to turn a Decimal subnet mask (255.255.254.0) to hex 0xfffffe00 (subset of a bigger script). It works great on the HPUX systems but on the freebsd box the awk is not seperating the fields properly. I tried to google for a solution and seaching these forums i am just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how i can use a WORD for seperator

hi, i want to use A WORD for seperator in awk or especially in cut. how i can perform this. is there any way to use a word for seperator. For example: i want to list all word after FROM and the files name contains this word. chatnorollback.svc: delete from info where nick ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qrshat
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using | as a seperator in join

I need to use | as a seperator in unix join command. i tried changing seperator using -t option but iit is not working. can u please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: firvin
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull Data After Comma if 2 word before comma

Hi, I am trying to truncate word after comma in a file ONLY if there are already 2 words BEFORE comma. If there is one word or 3 or more words BEFORE comma, then I have to leave the data AS IS. See below for example. Input File : John Smith, Manager Smith, John Frank J F K... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep after the first comma till the next comma in a line

Hi Can any one pls tell me how to grep this line POPULATION,69691,20120509 I want the number 69691 from the above line. How to grep from the first comma till the next comma. Thank You.:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help - comma inside double quote in comma separated csv,

Hello there, I have a comma separated csv , and all the text field is wrapped by double quote. Issue is some text field contain comma as well inside double quote. so it is difficult to process. Input in the csv file is , 1,234,"abc,12,gh","GH234TY",34 I need output like below,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttam Maji
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Field seperator with awk

Hi, input data format: echo ' <APPLICATION="APPLSG" SUB_APPLICATION="DLY" JOBNAME="DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA" CMDLINE="run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" TASKTYPE="Command" />' expected format: "APPLSG", "DLY", "DPL_BN_RE_CCMS_SA", "run_job.ksh %%PARAM1 %%PARAM2" my command: echo ' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies
PTHREAD_CREATE(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PTHREAD_CREATE(3)

NAME
pthread_create - create a new thread SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_create(pthread_t * thread, pthread_attr_t * attr, void * (*start_routine)(void *), void * arg); DESCRIPTION
pthread_create creates a new thread of control that executes concurrently with the calling thread. The new thread applies the function start_routine passing it arg as first argument. The new thread terminates either explicitly, by calling pthread_exit(3), or implicitly, by returning from the start_routine function. The latter case is equivalent to calling pthread_exit(3) with the result returned by start_rou- tine as exit code. The attr argument specifies thread attributes to be applied to the new thread. See pthread_attr_init(3) for a complete list of thread attributes. The attr argument can also be NULL, in which case default attributes are used: the created thread is joinable (not detached) and has default (non real-time) scheduling policy. RETURN VALUE
On success, the identifier of the newly created thread is stored in the location pointed by the thread argument, and a 0 is returned. On error, a non-zero error code is returned. ERRORS
EAGAIN not enough system resources to create a process for the new thread. EAGAIN more than PTHREAD_THREADS_MAX threads are already active. AUTHOR
Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> SEE ALSO
pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3), pthread_detach(3), pthread_attr_init(3). LinuxThreads PTHREAD_CREATE(3)