Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to compare it ??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to compare it ?? Post 99376 by rajeeb_d on Thursday 16th of February 2006 05:06:03 PM
Old 02-16-2006
ALINES=$(cat AFILE | wc -l)
BFIRST=$(head -1 BFILE)
BFIRST=`echo $BFRIST | cut -d "'" -f 2`
then BFIRST_NUMBER will have 9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare

Hi How can I compare two sendmail.cf from two different systems? We are using Tru64 Unix Thank you, Syed_45 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two arrays in sh or compare two fields

I want a soultion to compare two arrays in sh with an easy way.I want a solution to synchrose users between different AIX servers where no NIS is available. All users are meant to be same on all 10 servers. So the approach is to consider first server as master user repository and whatever the users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare between the two dates

Hi all, How to check whether the given the two dates is minimal. example: Date 1 : 23-03-2008 with timestamp Date 2: 20-03-2008 With tmestamp I want to compare the twodates and which it gives the minimum date i wnat to get the output like this below output: the Date2 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji23_d
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare

grep '^.......$' /usr/dict/words | cut -c1,2,3,5,6,7 This gives a list of 6 character strings, some are words some not. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of the ones that aren't words and print the ones that are? I have tried look with no luck yet. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kezkez
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

value compare

Hi, file contains only one row. END OF FILE. ROW COUNT: 8,9 We need to check the file contains exact string "END OF FILE. ROW COUNT: " if yes, get the 8,9 values then compare if both are equal print the "equal" if not "notequal". Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on compare

Hi, I need your help with the below mentioned issue: I have 2 files say, file1.txt: id|no|cde a|4|7 b|3|2 c|8|8 d|8|9 file2.txt: id|no|cde a|4|6 b|2|2 c|8|8 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 1, 1.0 and 1.00 ?

Hi, I have a file containing a list of codes, followed by a description, such as below: 008.0,ESCHERICHIA COLI 008.1,ARIZONA 008.2,AEROBACTER AEROGENES 008.6,ENTERITIS DUE TO SPECIFIED VIRUS 008.8,OTHER ORGANISM, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED 008,INTESTINAL INFECTIONS DUE TO OTHER ORGANISMSI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare

file1: test1 123 test2 200 test3 300 test4 400 test5 500 file2: table1 5 test1 111 test2 200 table2 100 test3 300 test4 400 test5 500 my needed result: test1 123 test1 111 test2 200 test2 200 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: loktamann
8 Replies
JAVA2HTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						      JAVA2HTML(1)

NAME
java2html - generates highlighted html-files from Java or C++ source SYNOPSIS
java2html [options] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents how to use java2html. If no arguments are given on the command line of java2html, it reads from stdin and writes to stdout. If invoked with filenames as arguments java2html will write it's output into new files. Names of output files are generated by appending ".html" to the corresponding input filename. Installing as a CGI program java2html can be installed as a CGI program and convert source files on the fly. In order to set this up for apache the webmaster has to add the two lines AddType text/x-java .java Action text/x-java /cgi-bin/java2html to the webserver configuration file. java2html depends on the webserver properly setting environment variable PATH_TRANSLATED to the path- name of the source file. If java2html has been compiled with option -DCOMPRESSION=1 then it will invoke gzip to compress the generated HTML before sending it to the requesting browser. Of course java2html takes care to check if the browser accepts gzip encoding. OPTIONS -- Interpret all following arguments on the command line as filenames. This is useful, if you want to convert files beginning with a '-'. -b filename Insert the file 'filename' after converted data and before HTML footer. See also the -s option. -c Turns off CGI-script detection and HTTP header generation. This is needed to use java2html as a subcommand in another CGI script. -h filename Insert the file 'filename' after the HTML headers and before the converted data. See also the -s option. -i Generate an index only. This will generate a list of references (HREF's) to the labels that java2html creates for your source file. The references are created as list items (<li>) in an HTML list. Each line has the form <li><a href="#name">prototype()</a></li> so they can be used directly as an index list, or further parsed by another script. If you want the index at the top of the source file, you will need a wrapper script like this one: #! /bin/sh echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" echo "<html>" echo "<head><title>$PATH_TRANSLATED</title>" echo "<meta name="generator"" echo "content="`java2html -V`">" echo "</head>" echo "<body>" echo "<h1>Source of $PATH_TRANSLATED</h1>" echo "<ul>Structures and functions" cat $PATH_TRANSLATED | java2html -isc echo "</ul>" echo "<hr></hr>" cat $PATH_TRANSLATED | java2html -sc echo "</body></html>" exit -n Number lines and label them with 'line' followed by the line number. Empty lines get no label, but the linecounter will count them nevertheless. With this feature you can refer to special lines of code from other parts of the generated file or from external files with a line like this: <A HREF="foo.java.html#line301">Go to line 301</A> -s With this option you can suppress the generation of HTML headers. This is especially useful together with options -b file and -h file. -t title Set the title to 'title'. The default is the filename you converted or "stdin" if reading from stdin. This option is only used if -s is not set. -u Print usage information. -w width sets the WIDTH attribute for HTML tag <PRE>. If this option is not used a default of 80 is assumed. (Currently most browsers are ignoring this attribute). -V reports the version number of java2html. EXIT STATUS
java2html returns 0 on success, 1 if input files are not existing/readable, 2 if output files are not creatable/writable, 3 if invoked with illegal options and 4 if gzip cannot be invoked. AUTHORS
Florian Schintke <schintke@cs.tu-berlin.de> Martin Kammerhofer <mkamm@gmx.net> wrote the CGI feature. Rob Ewan <rob@ewan.com> wrote the indexing feature. SEE ALSO
c2html(1), pas2html(1), perl2html(1). JAVA2HTML(1)