Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check 2 files ???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check 2 files ??? Post 99242 by sabercats on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 06:26:37 PM
Old 02-15-2006
I really dont see sort, uniq in here Smilie

Here is what I did for 1c and 1d
====

$AFIRST=(head -1 A)
$BTHREE=(cat B | sed -n 3p)
if [[ $AFIRST = $BTHREE ]];
then
print "they match"
else
print "they don't match"
fi

ALAST=$(tail -1 A)
BFOUR=$(cat B | sed -n 4p)
if [[ $ALAST = $BFOUR ]]
then
print "they match"
else
print "they don't match"
fi
=======

I got this part for 1a and 1b
ALINES=$(cat A | wc -l)
BFIRST=$(head -1 B)

how do you compare ALINE=9 and BFRIST=records'9' ; how to have only 9 = 9 Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check no. of files open currently

I'm getting an error "too many files open" # ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) unlimited stack(kbytes) 8192 coredump(blocks) unlimited nofiles(descriptors) 256 memory(kbytes) unlimited # hard limit shows 1024 I would like to know how many files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_min
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check whether 3 files are present

I'm trying to check whether 3 files are existing and send 3 files as attachements. If only two are there then send those two files as attachments. if ; then elif ; then I tired the above given syntax and then it is giving me an error line 11: ' I tried with -a instead of && and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celvin VK
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check files

Hi, I have a dir in which I need to check for 3 files. and naming for three files are as below. fileone_yyyy_mm_dd.dat filetwo_yyyy_mm_dd.dat filethree_yyyy_mm_dd.datand YYYY_mm_dd will change everyday as the date changes. I need to check everyday all these files are existing or not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinunna
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly check it: Camparison of files only column1 of 2 files

Hi all, I have 2 files in which i have to find commom entries in column 1 an dif soemthing is common write other data of both files in front of it mentioned. Gene symbol and disease name column 1 column2 ARFGEF2 CAD DDEF2 CAD PSCD3 CAD PSCD4 CAD CAMK1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for data between two files

I have two files File1.txt 000199458 000199463 000200442 000200831 000200866 000201009 000201050 000201405 000201666 000201682 File2.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halfafringe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files and archive the files using sftp

Hi, I have to check the files in another server using sftp to do that, below is the code i am going with #!/bin/bash export SRC_FOLDER=$1 export ARC_FOLDER=$2 HOST=as07u3456 USER=relfag sftp ${USER}@${HOST} <<EOF cd $SRC_FOLDER/DSCOR ls bye EOF echo "done" whatever the files i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ursrami
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies
UUENCODE(5)							File Formats Manual						       UUENCODE(5)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by uuencode(1) consist of a header line, followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The uudecode(1) command will ignore any lines preceding the header or following the trailer. Lines preceding a header must not, of course, look like a header. The header line is distinguished by having the first 6 characters begin This is followed by a mode (in octal), and a string which names the remote file. A space character separates the three items in the header line. The body consists of a number of lines, each at most 62 characters long (including the trailing newline). These consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, and represents an inte- ger, the number of bytes the rest of the line represents. Such integers are always in the range from 0 to 63 and can be determined by sub- tracting the character space (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printing. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra garbage will be included to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of end on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uusend(1), uucp(1), mail(1) HISTORY
The uuencode file format appeared in BSD 4.0 . UUENCODE(5)