Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX date command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX date command Post 99022 by tej.buch on Tuesday 14th of February 2006 01:41:28 AM
Old 02-14-2006
DATE query

well let me refine my query...

I have a set of dates in the format:
YYYYMMDD stored in a file...
what i do is read each value and increment the date in each..

till now i was calling an sql query to perform this task...

i searched the man pages and got the command
date --date="+1 day"
but the above command increments the date wrt to today's date..

my date may have any value...
so is there any command that can perform this operation..?
i dont want to invoke a shell script and would rather prefer a command ( if it exists)...........

thanks in advance......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix date command

Hi there I am using the following command to get today's date: Date=`date '+%Y%m%d'` This has the format 20040409 What I want is today's date -1 i.e. get yesterdays date. What is the command for this? Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niamh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Date Command

IS there a way to use the unix date command to find the 2nd Saturday fo every month? Each Month I want to execute a specific command only of the 2nd Saturday. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redsoxfan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command DATE in UNIX System

I have a problem... it's possible execute a command DATE with the sintax of LINUX system ??? Example: in Linux i can execute the command line : date -- set "10 minutes" and i have a output the date with the actual date - 10 min. It's possible have the same rusult in the Unix system ????? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

5. Programming

I need code command(unix) date in c

hello please I need code command date in c I have a projet in my unv I am waiting your enswer:b::b: sorry on my english (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahfode
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hp-unix stat command to get last change date of file

I'm on hp-unix. I would like a variable to hold the last change date of a file. I looked at the man pages for stat, but I don't see any examples and can't get the syntax right. Can anyone help me? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command replace date variable in unix

I need to use a shell script, using sed command how to replace date variable value in following format. 04/18/2012 11:38:55 Because the sed is treating the '/' as a parameter instead of the value of a variable, and hence there is the message as sed: command garbled: s/insert/04/18/2012... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jannusuresh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
PX_DATE2STRING(3)														 PX_DATE2STRING(3)

px_date2string - Converts a date into a string.

SYNOPSIS
string px_date2string (resource $pxdoc, int $value, string $format) DESCRIPTION
Turns a date as it stored in the paradox file into human readable format. Paradox dates are the number of days since 1.1.0000. This func- tion is just for convenience. It can be easily replaced by some math and the calendar functions as demonstrated in the example below. PARAMETERS
o $pxdoc - Resource identifier of the paradox database as returned by px_new(3). o $value - Value as stored in paradox database field of type PX_FIELD_DATE. o $format - String format similar to the format used by date(3). The placeholders support by this function is a subset of those supported by date(3) (Y, y, m, n, d, j, L). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Turn a paradox date into a human readable form <?php $px = px_new(); /* make up a date as it could be stored in */ /* a date field of a paradox db. */ /* 700000 days since 1.1.0000. */ $days = 700000; /* Use the calendar functions to print a */ /* human readable format of the date */ echo jdtogregorian($days+1721425)." "; /* px_date2string() outputs the same */ echo px_date2string($px, $days, "n/d/Y")." "; px_delete($px); ?> The above example will output: 7/15/1917 7/15/1917 SEE ALSO
px_timestamp2string(3), jdtogregorian(3). PHP Documentation Group PX_DATE2STRING(3)