Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX script issues - Plse help guru's Post 99013 by budrito on Monday 13th of February 2006 11:50:19 PM
Old 02-14-2006

Thanks Ygor, problem fixed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what do most Unix guru's use ? :D

I wanted to know what email app most Sun solaris / unix gurus use ? I have become quite NON microsoft in the last few months in my studying solaris.. thanks simon2000 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
6 Replies

2. Solaris

define nvalias's cdrom URGENTLY plse!!!

I need help please ....... I have to urgently setup nvalias 's cdrom ....... following are the output command ...................... {7} ok banner Sun Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt155
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Reboot problem !!! urgent plse !!!!!!!!!!!

Operatin System : Solaris 5.9 Server : Sun Fire 3800 Shutdown and reboot i receive the following messages ..... un Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Guru's help on diff

Hi , I wanted to find delata between two huge ( 8 GB ) files . Say file_TDY and file_YDY : These files are sorted based on a key . I am using a command : 1)bdiff file_TDY file_YDY > diff_file 2) grep ' ^< ' diff_file > TDY_delta I wanted only the changed records and newly added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaybalki
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Advice to become a unix guru?

Hello, I have recently completed my training for Solaris 10 and have a good understanding of the bases now. I am playing around with my system but can't do much since my knowledge is limited. I am looking for some projects or some threads where I can learn more and expand my knowledge step by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saudsos
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix bash script (mv issues);

Hey guys, I've registered here as I need urgent help. This is assignment for school and as you can see below I've completed the work. I'm simply stuck on one area. :wall: This script takes the first parameter (which is to be the new extension) and each parameter after that is a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cynosure
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues for script that login to a unix box

Hi, I have a script that should login to a different box then the box that i am in and run the commands. I have the script sample below that logins to a unix box and get the files .Looks like ls-lrt command is not running or its wrongly used. #!/bin/bash # Ask the user for build month... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script guru

Hey Gurus, Need help to modify the shell script. I am really new in the Linux/Unix world and dont familiar with shell scripting. SO bascially my script is running a ( curl ) with some endpoints and returning HTTP status code. Now i have a 50 different endpoints and cant make each and individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zach Kadiwal
3 Replies
fixsub(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixsub(3alleg4)

NAME
fixsub - Safe function to subtract fixed point numbers clamping underflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixsub(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be subtracted with the normal '-' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 4965 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixsub(itofix(-31000), itofix(3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of subtracting `y' from `x', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixadd(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixsub(3alleg4)