Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Initialization & Startup Files Post 98983 by ScatterBrain on Monday 13th of February 2006 04:48:37 PM
Old 02-13-2006
inittab may be a good place to start.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-initializing startup files without rebooting

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm using OSX BSD by remotely logging in and need to re-initialize the startup sequence but don't want to reboot the machine. How can I do it? Thanks for any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrScar
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote startup of login & sessions

Hello All, I would like to know if anyone has done or has information on how to start a workstation up form another remote station. For example I am sitting at station A and I want to start up a session on station B, setting display to output on station B "0.0". Here is the tricky part station... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

log files for startup?

log files for startup for AIX is /etc/rc.log.old how about for hpux and solaris? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell initialization files

As you know, when a user logs in, the shell reads the initialization files in an order something like below... ################### Bourne Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.profile Bash Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.bash_profile > $HOME/.bash_login > $HOME/.profile > $HOME/.bashrc C Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Executing set of sh files at system startup

Hi Everybody I am totally new to Linux. We are using Suse Linux version 9. Currently we have 4 to 5 shell scripts which needs to be executed manually by the users.I want these scripts to be run automatically when system starts...something like system startup service. When system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which are root's startup files?

I was going through a server hardening manual. At some interval it was mentioned that there should not be any alias for commands defined in roots startup files . How would i check it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Files in Unix

Hi All, Can some one pls explain the order in which the startup files are run? For Bourne shell .profile is run., But what other startup files are present? When is the .aliases file called. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrikanth99
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
OCTAVE(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    OCTAVE(1)

NAME
octave - A high-level interactive language for numerical computations. SYNOPSIS
octave [options]... [file] DESCRIPTION
Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It provides a convenient command line interface for solv- ing linear and nonlinear problems numerically. OPTIONS
The complete set of command-line options for octave is available by running the following command from the shell. octave --help DOCUMENTATION
The primary documentation for Octave is written using Texinfo, the GNU documentation system, which allows the same source files to be used to produce on-line and printed versions of the manual. You can read the on-line copy of the Octave documentation by issuing the following command from within octave. octave:1> doc The Info files may also be read with a stand-alone program such as info or xinfo. HTML, Postscript, or PDF versions of the documentation are installed on many systems as well. BUGS
The Octave project maintains a bug tracker at http://bugs.octave.org. Before submitting a new item please read the instructions at http://www.octave.org/bugs.html on how to submit a useful report. FILES
Upon startup Octave looks for four initialization files. Each file may contain any number of valid Octave commands. octave-home/share/octave/site/m/startup/octaverc Site-wide initialization file which changes options for all users. octave-home is the directory where Octave was installed such as /usr/local. octave-home/share/octave/version/m/startup/octaverc Site-wide initialization file for Octave version version. ~/.octaverc User's personal initialization file. .octaverc Project-specific initialization file located in the current directory. AUTHOR
John W. Eaton <jwe@octave.org> GNU Octave 4 February 2011 OCTAVE(1)