Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Far Keyword
Top Forums Programming Far Keyword Post 98318 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 7th of February 2006 10:14:35 AM
Old 02-07-2006
FAR is used in 16 bit systems, like DOS 6.2. It's used to address a FAR *pointer,
one that lives in a another data segment.

You really should use a modern compiler - there are free compilers out there, TURBO C
is ancient.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword in perl

Hi, I want to know all the keywords in perl as well as their usage. plz provide if u have any URL regarding this. In my perl script first 2 lines are 1)use DBI; 2)require "hello.pl"; what is the use these two statements. i thought the second one may be like include . Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using $0 and 'Function' Keyword

Hi all, I had a query on the usage of $0 in shells. I would appreciate any assistance in this. We moved from a sun solaris server to a linux server. I ran 2 different pieces on these servers and in one case, the outputs didnt change and in the other case, the outputs were different. The 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice1324
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Keyword Searching

Hi all, I am in the process of building a shell script as part of a auditing utility. It will search a specified directory for keywords and output results of the file path, and line number that the word was found on. I built a test script (shown below) that does just this, but egrep apparently... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
0 Replies

4. Solaris

find keyword

Hi, This is my first post. Please help me. I wanted to find a particular key word in the entire system not in the filename, it should be in the file content. The output should display me... <The filename>, number of times the keyword is repeated. like file1: 2 file2: 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove code before second keyword

I have a site where over 1000+ files were injected with code. <?php lots of garbage ?><GOOD HTML or PHP> everything before the < is the injected code i.e., the injected code is: <?php lots of garbage ?> How do I: 1. check that there is in fact an injection (so I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

paste a keyword

Hello, I have a file with a keyword ccas i want to copy the keyword once in VI and have to paste it in the same file for multiple time,let's say 700 times,i dont know hoe to do it. Kindly help me on this Regards Thelak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the next word which falls just after a keyword?

Hi friends, i just want to know the command though which i can get the next word which comes just after a particluar keyword. For example: suppose text.out is file which contains a pl/sql procedure . i want to find out the word which falls just after the "table1" keyword. Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword Monitor

Hello, I have a shell script. I would like to add email the curl output. I'd appreciate if you help. Thanks. #!/bin/bash while read -r URL ; do if ] ; then echo "keyword changed!!!!"|mail -s "$URL Alert!!!!" info@test.com; fi;done</root/m/url.txt . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find keyword and export

I was trying to do any keyword search against all files in a particular folder, and interested in finding, an particular "keyword" whether present, if it present I need to export that file to an new folder. How to do it , via simple script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Nirmal
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies
crt0_pa(3)						     Library Functions Manual							crt0_pa(3)

NAME
crt0_pa: crt0.o, gcrt0.o, mcrt0.o - execution startup routines for PA-RISC systems SYNOPSIS
Remarks PA-RISC 64-bit ELF uses only. This manpage describes on PA-RISC systems. For on Integrity systems, see crt0_ia(3). DESCRIPTION
PA-RISC 32-bit SOM The C, Pascal, and FORTRAN compilers link in the object files or to provide startup capabilities and environments for program execution. All are identical except that and provide additional functionality for gprof(1) and prof(1) profiling support respectively. The following symbols are defined in these object files: An array of character pointers to the environment in which the program will run. This array is terminated by a null pointer. A variable of type short containing the FPU model number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type short containing the FPU revision number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing CPU specific information. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing the CPU revision of the machine. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing the system id value for an executable program. Execution start address. A secondary startup routine for C programs, called from which in turn calls This routine is contained in the C library rather than the file. For Pascal and FORTRAN programs, this symbol labels the beginning of the outer block (main program) and is generated by the compilers. The initial address of the program's data pointer. The startup code loads this address into general register 27. The beginning of the stack unwind table. The end of the stack unwind table. The beginning of the try/recover table. The end of the try/recover table. The file defines a null procedure for so programs compiled with profiling can be linked without profiling. The linker defines the following two symbols: The beginning address of the program's text area. The beginning address of the program's data area. PA-RISC 64-bit ELF The C, Pascal, and FORTRAN compilers link in the object file to provide startup capabilities and environments for program execution. It contains startup code that must be linked using to every PA-RISC 64-bit program. In a program, the object file is not used, and all actions normally associated with it are instead done by the dynamic loader dld.sl(5). Additional functionality for prof(1) and gprof(1) profiling support is no longer handled by In a PA-RISC 64-bit environment, processes initializers and terminators. Initializers are routines that are called before the program entry point and terminators are routines that are called when the program terminates via the routine. Initializers are invoked in reverse order of the link line so that dependent libraries are initialized before the libraries that depend on them. Terminators, on the other hand, are invoked in the forward order. Unlike the SOM version of for PA-RISC 64-bit ELF does not define any variables. It, however, sets the following global variables: A variable of type long containing the number of arguments. An array of character pointers to the arguments themselves. An array of character pointers to the environment in which the program will run. This array is terminated by a null pointer. A variable of type int containing CPU specific information. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the FPU model number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the FPU revision number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the CPU revision of the machine. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the system id value for an executable program. A variable of type long containing the requested thread local storage size. This variable is initialized with data from the ker- nel. A variable of type void * containing load information passed from the kernel. AUTHOR
The features described in this entry originated from AT&T UNIX System III. FILES
SEE ALSO
Profiling and Debugging Tools gprof(1) display call graph profile data monitor(3C) prepare execution profile prof(1) display profile data profil(2) execution time profile System Tools cc(1) invoke the HP-UX C compiler exec(2) execute a file f77(1) invoke the HP-UX FORTRAN compiler ld(1) invoke the link editor dld.sl(5) the PA-RISC dynamic loader pc(1) invoke the HP-UX Pascal compiler Miscellaneous end(3C) symbol of the last locations in program PA-RISC Systems Only crt0_pa(3)