Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting one more query for searching string....... Post 97673 by swamymns on Wednesday 1st of February 2006 11:45:37 AM
Old 02-01-2006
one more query for searching string.......

Dear friends,
I have one more query,
incase a file contains multiple tags of same name, then how to get the required string between the tags, in which the string begins with "O/M"

i.e., file1.txt contains following text(please note that all the following tags are in single line)
----------------------------
<aaa> some text1</aaa><bbb> some text2</bbb><ccc> some text3</ccc><kkk>W/X12345</kkk><ddd> some text4</ddd><eee> some text5</eee><fff> some text6</fff><kkk>3333</kkk><ggg> some text7</ggg><hhh> some text8</hhh>
----------------------------
please see that above file conatins "<kkk>" twice. i.e.,
<kkk>W/X12345</kkk>
and
<kkk>3333</kkk>

I have to extract the entire string that starts with "W/X" till the end tag("</kkk>")
i.e., I need to extract "W/X12345"

this paramenter,W/X12345, length may not be constant, some times it may be
W/X123
or
W/X87789989
or
W/X90798897989
ect...
please tell me how do I get this paramenter?

waiting for ur reply,
swamymns

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string for a character

I have a co-worker that is trying to make a Wheel of Fortune game and he wants to know if there is a way to search a string for the letter given by the user. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: turbulence
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for a string in a file

I need to search for a specific string in a file and if this string exist I need to replace it with something else. I am not sure how I could do this, using an if statement. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string in a file

Hi, I am new to unix shell scripting. I have a requirement. Could anyone help me writing the script for the same? Here goes the requirement: I have a config file let's say temp.config. Here is the data in the config file temp.config : ------------- name=victor age=42 state=texas... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching each file for a string

Hi Guys... I want to search for each file that contains a particular string. e.g find . -print | xargs grep -i string_name Now my issue is the files that I search in are gzipped. Will I be able to find the string, using the above commands, even if the files are gzipped? Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a String

Hi everyone ! suppose i'm searching for a specific string in a file so it is very easy, i use the following command grep 'keyword' file_name but how to search a word which is repeated maximum number of times in a file, for example in the following text i have to search a word which is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string using loop.

Hi i am very new to shell scripting. I have got stuck on a portion on my script. Problem : I have 30 logfiles inside /home/test directory. I need to find the string "@ended today" in all the 30 logfiles and print the name of the files which did not have this string. i need to this by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soma Das
3 Replies

9. Programming

Searching String which repeates

Hi All, Any one please help me with the below scenario. I have a file with the data like below This is the integer variable name is <abc1> This is the Float variable name is <abc1> This is the integer variable name is <abc2> This is the Float variable name is <abc2> This is the integer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for variable string

Hi Guys, So im trying to search for the most recent occurance of a string in the most recently updated .log file in a certain directory. The string i am searching for is a value, now if this value is greater than 800 i would like an email sent out with some text (blah blah blah). This is what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hello_world
7 Replies
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)

NAME
HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags - A filter that outputs only complete tags SYNOPSIS
use HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags; use MyFilter; # this filter only works on complete tags my $filter = MyFilter->new(); # note that both filters will be run on the same messages # (those with a MIME type of text/html) $proxy->push_filter( mime => 'text/*', response => HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags->new ); $proxy->push_filter( mime => 'text/html', response => $filter ); DESCRIPTION
The HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags filter makes sure that the next filter in the filter chain will only receive complete tags. METHOD
This class defines two methods, that are called automatically: filter() Buffer incomplete tags to ensure that subsequent filters will only receive complete HTML tags. will_modify() This method returns a false value, thus indicating to the system that it will not modify data passing through. SEE ALSO
HTTP::Proxy, HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter. AUTHOR
Philippe "BooK" Bruhat, <book@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2006, Philippe Bruhat. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-03 HTTP::Proxy::BodyFilter::tags(3pm)