Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to set dynamically keys names in perl %hash Post 97591 by cbkihong on Tuesday 31st of January 2006 08:22:42 PM
Old 01-31-2006
Have a look at the keys() function.

http://perldoc.perl.org/functions/keys.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set array name dynamically

Hi, I am trying to name a set of arrays dynamically named as @array_$i (The $i will mean that I obtain a set of arrays called: @array_1 @array_2 @array_3 etc. i tried various methods like @array_$i @{array_$i} etc. any ways to do this Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Any quick way to use regex on hash keys?

Hi, Is there any quick way to use pull out keys that match a specific regex pattern? eg %hash ; $hash(123,456) = xxx; $hash(123,457) = xxx; $hash(123,458) = xxx; $hash(223,459) = xxx; I need a fast way to get all the keys that start with 123.. Meaning I should get ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create hash dynamically in perl?

Hi, I have one file name file.txt It has the following contents: #File Contents StartTime,EndTime,COUNTER1,COUNTER2,COUNTER3 12:13,12:14,0,1,0 The output should be like this: StartTime: 12:13 ENDTIME: 12:14 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting keys of a hash in perl

hi all, i have a small problem regarding sorting the keys in a hash. my %hash; for($i=0;$i<19;$i++) { $hash{$i}=$i; } foreach $c (sort keys %hash) { print "\n $hash{$c}"; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script variable names created dynamically

Hi, I'm trying to use a config file to define frequencies for checking log files. If the config file contains a frequency it will be used else a default value. The format of the config file (and hence the environment variable) is FREQ_log_logname=value A test shell script as below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u671296
2 Replies

8. Programming

store information in hash and display number of keys.

I am trying to store this information (info and number) in hash. number is the key and info is value in a hash.i shown my code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use XML::LibXML::Reader; my $file;open $file, 'formal.xml'); my $reader =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically parse BibTeX and create hash of hash

Hello gurus, Iam trying to parse following BibTex file (bibliography.bib): @book{Lee2000a, abstract = {Abstract goes here}, author = {Lee, Wenke and Stolfo, Salvatore J}, title = {{Data mining approaches for intrusion detection}}, year = {2000} } @article{Forrest1996, abstract =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)