Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nawk Split
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nawk Split Post 97347 by zazzybob on Sunday 29th of January 2006 06:18:39 AM
Old 01-29-2006
Use eval again...
Code:
a=1
while (( $a <= $setIdx ))
do
  eval "echo \${set$a[@]}"
  (( a += 1 ))
done
exit 0

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split BIG report using nawk

I have the following nawk script: nawk -F: '{ if($0 ~ "^Report No") {fl=1; i=0;} if(fl==1){data=$0; i++} if($0 ~ "^BE NO:") { fname = "reprot_"$2".lis"; gsub(" ","",fname); for(j=0;j<i;j++) print data > fname; fl=0; } else if(fl==0) print $0 > fname; }' filename When I try to apply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raychu65
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nesting - two nawk into one nawk

hi people; this is my two awk code: nawk '/cell+-/{r=(NF==8) ? $4FS$5FS$6 : NF==7 ? $4FS$5 : $4 ;c=split(r,rr);for (i=1;i<=c;i++){if(rr != "111111"){printf($3" %d ""\n",(i+3))}}printf("")}' /home/gc_sw/str.txt > /home/gc_sw/predwn.txt nawk -F'*' '{gsub(/ *$/,"")}$0=$1$($NF-2)'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using nawk

help out with code. two files aaa bbb contains some records..output file xyz should be like this..see below i/p file:aaa 08350|60521|0000|505|0000|1555|000|NYCMT|Pd_1 |-11878 i/p file: bbb 60521|60510 o/p file :xyz 60510|08350|60521|0000|505|0000|1555|000|NYCMT|Pd_1 |-11878 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with nawk

hi guys, I am writing a code and have stuck at one point. Inside nawk I am storing my desired variable a, I just need to find if a is present in an external file error.log or not. If yes, print something. grep or for loop not working properly inside nawk. Sample code provided. nawk ' BEGIN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK: changing string-format with split

Hi all, I try to make a awk-script, which counts lines, summarized by pdf and xml. So far it works, but for sorting reasons, I'd like to change the format from the field $1 from dd-mm-yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd. This works find, but: split() and sprintf() prints its output (for no reason, the results... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regisl67
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies
ARRAY_DIFF_ASSOC(3)							 1						       ARRAY_DIFF_ASSOC(3)

array_diff_assoc - Computes the difference of arrays with additional index check

SYNOPSIS
array array_diff_assoc (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
Compares $array1 against $array2 and returns the difference. Unlike array_diff(3) the array keys are also used in the comparison. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array to compare from o $array2 - An array to compare against o $... - More arrays to compare against RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing all the values from $array1 that are not present in any of the other arrays. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_diff_assoc(3) example In this example you see the "a" => "green" pair is present in both arrays and thus it is not in the output from the function. Unlike this, the pair 0 => "red" is in the output because in the second argument "red" has key which is 1. <?php $array1 = array("a" => "green", "b" => "brown", "c" => "blue", "red"); $array2 = array("a" => "green", "yellow", "red"); $result = array_diff_assoc($array1, $array2); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [b] => brown [c] => blue [0] => red ) Example #2 array_diff_assoc(3) example Two values from key => value pairs are considered equal only if (string) $elem1 === (string) $elem2 . In other words a strict check takes place so the string representations must be the same. <?php $array1 = array(0, 1, 2); $array2 = array("00", "01", "2"); $result = array_diff_assoc($array1, $array2); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => 0 [1] => 1 ) NOTES
Note This function only checks one dimension of a n-dimensional array. Of course you can check deeper dimensions by using, for example, array_diff_assoc($array1[0], $array2[0]);. Note Ensure you pass arguments in the correct order when comparing similar arrays with more keys. The new array should be the first in the list. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_DIFF_ASSOC(3)