Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Enhance Sun Solaris 10 performance ? Post 97288 by reborg on Friday 27th of January 2006 07:02:36 PM
Old 01-27-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by XP_2600
Guys where can i find values to add in /etc/system to make sun solaris 10 working better ? im sure there is alot of values but i dont know from where i can find them if you know any please send direct and if you know another sites send links to it, thanks so much.
Actually, there are not that many, because many of the old ones have been retired. Using /etc/system is not longer the "correct" way to tune things.

Leaving that aside you need the kernel tunable parameters document from the SA collection in the Solaris documentation.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Poor read performance on sun storedge a1000

Hello, i have a a1000 connected to an e6500. There's a raid 10 (12 disks) on the a1000. If i do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 and then look at iostat it tells me there's a kw/s of 25000. But if i do a dd of=/dev/zero if=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 then i see only a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbrenner
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

sun v240 performance

Hi, we are having one sun v240 server, now this server is performing very slow, checked using top, iostat and vmstat commands, output is looking normal, but the performance is very slow and generating more traffic in network, how can we resolve this. Regards RJS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun T1000 performance

Hi If you had a choice of processor for a general purpose web server, either: A. T1, 8-core. (in a T1000, 8GB, 72GB SAS x 2) or B. Dual 1.6GHZ USIIIi (in a Sun Blade 2500 Silver Workstation, 4GB, 146GB SCSI) Would A be significantly better than B? Even on single-threaded tasks? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edik
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)