Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: form suppression
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users form suppression Post 97056 by BUTCH ELLSWORTH on Wednesday 25th of January 2006 03:09:38 PM
Old 01-25-2006
Computer form suppression

i am printing from unix (sco 5.0.6) to a remote printer (okidata 320) using facetwin. it prints fine but i get a form feed at the end of print. i have tried using the "sf" flag in printcap but it continues to form. how do i suppress the form feed?

./butch test gives
total 4
drwxrwxrwx 2 main group 512 Oct 3 09:21 export
drwxrwxrwx 2 main group 512 Oct 3 09:21 import

and then forms to a new page.

butch = lp -c -s -o RAW -dfct_butch $1

fct_butch being the name of the printer.

is the placement of the "sf" flag in printcap critical?
any help would be appreciated.
thank you
b

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ODBC connections from MSAccess suppression

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop MSAccess ODBC connections to an Oracle database on HPUX? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushton
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

data form

I am user Of linux 9.0 Operating System and I had data form unix Operating system and I am not abel to open it in linux 9.0 Please tell me how can i use unix data in linux . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsh_guru
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

I need help with contact form

How can I change my email address from text into an image? Someone told me that this way it won't be picked up by spam bots and it will reduce spam. ---------- Post updated 09-27-09 at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-26-09 at 10:53 AM ---------- ---------- Post updated at 12:58 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iorgusu
0 Replies

5. Web Development

Email Form

Hi everyone, I am glad to be part of this forum. My question is about setting up email on my website. I need to know how would I proceed in order to create a form so my visitors can register directly for email without me assigning them a password. In order words I need them to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpotea9780
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

new line suppression

Hi I wrote this, to write 0.0000e+00 whenver there is a 1 in a string string=$4 cnt=${#string} for ((k=0;k<cnt;k++)); do if ; then printf "0.0000e+00\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange suppression of output with bash and cygwin

Hi, although I am not expert in bash, so please forgive me if this is silly, I think that this is strange: I have this command: find . -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i -e 'some rexp' and it works fine. But when I create a bash script (on cygwin) to run this command, there is no output !!!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niki999
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom using AWK?

How to remove x lines form top and y lines form bottom. This works, but like awk only cat file | head -n-y | awk 'NR>(x-1)' so remove last 3 lines and 5 firstcat file | head -n-3 | awk 'NR>4' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
5 Replies
ln10jaof(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ln10jaof(8)

NAME
ln10jaof - Filter for the Japanese DEClaser 2400 printer SYNOPSIS
/usr/lbin/ln10jaof [-c] [-h host] [-i indent] [-l length] [-L locale] [-n login] [-w width] [accounting_file] OPTIONS
Prints control characters. Specifies the host name of the job owner. This name can contain Japanese characters. Specifies the amount of indentation. The default value is no (no indentation). Specifies the page length in lines. The default value is 66. Specifies the printer codeset. This value must be a valid locale name. The default value is ja_JP.deckanji. Specifies the login name of the job owner. This name can contain Japanese characters. Specifies the page width in columns. The default value is 132. OPERANDS
Specifies the file to record accounting information. DESCRIPTION
The ln10jaof filter is used to filter text data for the DEClaser 2400 printer. The filter handles the device dependencies of the printer and performs accounting functions. At print job completion times, accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in the /etc/printcap file. The ln10jaof filter can handle plain text files and files that have been preprocessed by nroff. The filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the proper control sequences for the DEClaser 2400 printer. The ln10jaof filter can be the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the /etc/printcap file. For a description of these fields, see printcap(4). The DEClaser 2400 printer can be configured to use the software on-demand loading (SoftODL) mechanism to print user-defined characters (UDCs). See i18n_printing(5) for a description of SoftODL. To enable SoftODL printing, set the ys field in /etc/printcap to 256. You can also set the default SoftODL database, style, and size by using the odldb and odlstyle options of the ya field. If you specify a value for the yt field, use fifo. For more information on these fields and associated options, refer to printcap(4). NOTES
The lpr command supports a number of options and associated arguments to enable localization features supported by various printers. The following can be used with the ln10jaof print filter: To specify the SoftODL database path To specify SoftODL font style and size For a complete description of the -A option and its arguments, refer to lpr(1). ERRORS
The lf field (default value is /dev/null) in the /etc/printcap file specifies the name of the error log. SEE ALSO
Commands: lpr(1), pr(1), lpd(8), pac(8) Files: printcap(4) Others: i18n_printing(5) ln10jaof(8)