Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with shell script - Unix Gurus calling Post 97050 by ravred on Wednesday 25th of January 2006 02:09:00 PM
Old 01-25-2006
Hi Ygor,

Thanks for the reply.
That works pefect.

Apprciate the quick response.

Regards,
R

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling procedure through Unix Shell

how to 1) invoke batch profile to run sqlplus on XXXXX server. 2) execute truncate table xtra.xtra_card_email_request using procedure dbadmin.truncate_table . 3) Check the count before and after the job run. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakred
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a request set from Unix shell Script

Hi All, I want to call a concurrent request set from a shell script. I am getting the syntax error "syntax error at line 417 : `(' unexpected" in the below script. v_request_id=fnd_request.submit_request(application => 'APPL_SHORT_NAME' ,program => 'PROGRAM_SHORT_NAME' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swatipevekar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling mysql gurus : need help with my view

hi there I have a view which is working fine, but i have been told that i need to make sure the resulting output excludes all rows with nic_status equal to the string "removed". Does anybody know in which part of the code below i would place the conditional ... WHERE nic_status !=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Java Method from UNIX using shell script

Hi All, I need to call a java method from a shell script. I know we can use the command java ClassName to call the main method in it. But I need to call another method that is there in the class and pass an email to it. Can I use java ClassName.MethodName(email) Any help will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulK
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling all the awk gurus out there.

Hi all, I just signed up to the forums, although, I have lurked on here for awhile. Anyways, my issue is I am trying to get awk to spit out something I can use without having to spend hours in excel hell haha. So, I used sed to replace the spaces with semicolons and redirected that to a file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have exactly same issue @vikas_trl had in following link: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/259854-control-not-returning-sqlplus-calling-unix-shell-script.html I wonder if he or somebody else could find the issue's cause or the solution. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoQ
4 Replies
ARES_PARSE_MX_REPLY(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    ARES_PARSE_MX_REPLY(3)

NAME
ares_parse_mx_reply - Parse a reply to a DNS query of type MX SYNOPSIS
#include <ares.h> int ares_parse_mx_reply(const unsigned char* abuf, int alen, struct ares_mx_reply** mx_out); DESCRIPTION
The ares_parse_mx_reply function parses the response to a query of type MX into a linked list of struct ares_mx_reply The parameters abuf and alen give the contents of the response. The result is stored in allocated memory and a pointer to it stored into the variable pointed to by mx_out. It is the caller's responsibility to free the resulting mx_out structure when it is no longer needed using the function ares_free_data The structure ares_mx_reply contains the following fields: struct ares_mx_reply { struct ares_mx_reply *next; char *host; unsigned short priority; }; RETURN VALUES
ares_parse_mx_reply can return any of the following values: ARES_SUCCESS The response was successfully parsed. ARES_EBADRESP The response was malformatted. ARES_ENODATA The response did not contain an answer to the query. ARES_ENOMEM Memory was exhausted. AVAILABILITY
This function was first introduced in c-ares version 1.7.2. SEE ALSO
ares_query(3) ares_free_data(3) AUTHOR
Written by Jeremy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> 4 August 2009 ARES_PARSE_MX_REPLY(3)