Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Non Technical, really !!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Non Technical, really !! Post 96570 by reborg on Saturday 21st of January 2006 10:29:46 AM
Old 01-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
Continent comes from the Latin word for contain, which I still see as a requirement to count as a continent. Continent originally meant mainland. To leave a continent, you need a boat. When you can visit a building with a line going down the middle of a room showing the boundary between two continents, there is something very wrong. Anarctica is clearly a continent. America is one continent, not two. Digging a canal doesn't really count. People don't use boats to cross over the canal. Eurasia is clearly a continent and Africa is part of it. Australia seems a bit small. We have to set the bar rather low to count Australia, but ok, Australia is a continent too. That Oceanland thing is just silly. So I will concede 4 continents. But considering that people walked from Eurasia to America, I'm being generous.
This is exactly what my own personal take on things would be. Oceanland or Oceania or any such thing is nonsense, they are a grouping of relatively small islands and do not form a landmass significant enough to meet the requirements. At times I have tried to justify calling Africa a continent, but I always return to the same conclusion...you can walk there from Eurasia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
When you can visit a building with a line going down the middle of a room showing the boundary between two continents, there is something very wrong.
Smilie Smilie Agreed, but what is even worse is that people often pay to go into such buildings just to see said line.

ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)