Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Add a column at the end of all the lines in a file Post 96510 by ruthless on Friday 20th of January 2006 01:48:35 PM
Old 01-20-2006
Hi,

Actually I did mistake while posting the code I was using. This is the code I am using. Only diff is there's no $ sign before "file".

#!/bin/ksh
file="/A/B/C/D/E/"mat.dtd
sed 's/^\(.*\)$/&\|D/' mat.dtd > $file_temp
mv "$file_temp" "mat.dtd"

Best regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank Lines - End of file

Hi all I need to strip blank lines from the end of a file. I have searched and found topics on how to strip lines from the entirety of a file - however I need to limit this to only the last 3-4 lines. Any ideas? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting the lines at the end of the file.

I have a text file with two coulmn first column is just used in to show the line number, these line number are not there in the real file. I want to delete the line 16(in this file) here, even tough there is no data inside it . this empty line is causing me a problem by throwing me garbage... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines in which column have value greater than some percent of total file lines

i have a file in following format 1 32 3 4 6 4 4 45 1 45 4 61 54 66 4 5 65 51 56 65 1 12 32 85 now here the total number of lines are 8(they vary each time) Now i want to select only those lines in which the values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines that match string at end of column

I have this: 301205 0000030000041.49000000.00 2011111815505 908 301205 0000020000029.10000000.00 2011111815505 962 301205 0000010000027.56000000.00 2011111815505 3083 312291 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add backslashes to end of certain lines of text

I'd like to write up notes in a relatively readable format and then use a shell script to add LaTeX formatting. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to add the LaTeX newline character (\\) to the end of lines without \begin{} or \end{} statements example notes file: \begin{enumerate} --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icskittles
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the lines from file A to end of lines in file B

I really can't figure this one out. I have 2 files, one file is a list of hostnames and the other is a list of their corresponding IPs: fileA: example.com another.org thirdie.net fileB: 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 3.3.3.3 I want to create a fileC that looks like: example.com 1.1.1.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zstar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column to end of each line with ´awk´

Hi, I have data with approximately 300 columns. I want to add a column to the end of each column with the value "1". Is there a way that I can do this is ´awk´ without having to specify each individual column. For instance, my data looks like: pvb 1 2 3 4 5 ....... 300 fdh 3 4 5 2 4 ......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a file for certain strings and add them to the end of certain lines

I have a log file which lists groups and users in the following format GROUP1 user1 user2 user3 GROUP2 user4 user5 user6 GROUP3 user7 user8 I need to change the format to: user1|GROUP1 user2|GROUP1 user3|GROUP1 user4|GROUP2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Angela S
3 Replies
XML::LibXML::Dtd(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     XML::LibXML::Dtd(3pm)

NAME
XML::LibXML::Dtd - XML::LibXML DTD Handling SYNOPSIS
use XML::LibXML; $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new($public_id, $system_id); $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->parse_string($dtd_str); $publicId = $dtd->getName(); $publicId = $dtd->publicId(); $systemId = $dtd->systemId(); DESCRIPTION
This class holds a DTD. You may parse a DTD from either a string, or from an external SYSTEM identifier. No support is available as yet for parsing from a filehandle. XML::LibXML::Dtd is a sub-class of XML::LibXML::Node, so all the methods available to nodes (particularly toString()) are available to Dtd objects. METHODS
new $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new($public_id, $system_id); Parse a DTD from the system identifier, and return a DTD object that you can pass to $doc->is_valid() or $doc->validate(). my $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->new( "SOME // Public / ID / 1.0", "test.dtd" ); my $doc = XML::LibXML->new->parse_file("test.xml"); $doc->validate($dtd); parse_string $dtd = XML::LibXML::Dtd->parse_string($dtd_str); The same as new() above, except you can parse a DTD from a string. Note that parsing from string may fail if the DTD contains external parametric-entity references with relative URLs. getName $publicId = $dtd->getName(); Returns the name of DTD; i.e., the name immediately following the DOCTYPE keyword. publicId $publicId = $dtd->publicId(); Returns the public identifier of the external subset. systemId $systemId = $dtd->systemId(); Returns the system identifier of the external subset. AUTHORS
Matt Sergeant, Christian Glahn, Petr Pajas VERSION
2.0001 COPYRIGHT
2001-2007, AxKit.com Ltd. 2002-2006, Christian Glahn. 2006-2009, Petr Pajas. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-20 XML::LibXML::Dtd(3pm)