Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UID not to be reused
Operating Systems AIX UID not to be reused Post 96452 by noori on Friday 20th of January 2006 05:55:23 AM
Old 01-20-2006
Noori

Thanks a lot Dogwood.but I think I did not explain the problem clearly here I go again...
The comanay wants the user to be deleted with in a week of the user leaving the organization.

For example I have a user named test1 with id 202 - now he has left the organization and I have deleted the id 202.How can I make sure that after a month nobody else creates another user with an Id 202.This is my actual question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UID problem

I'm teaching myself UNIX, so bear with me! :) I created two user accounts on my box. One day I shut down the system using "shutdown -h 1". The system shut down cleanly. A few days I rebooted the box, no problem. But root is the only account that can log in. The other 2 user accounts... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisFoxx
10 Replies

2. AIX

UID Change

Currently, I have about 7 servers and the uid for a given person is different on each server. I want to make the uid's the same for a given username on each server. I know how to change the uid via smit, but when I do the previous uid number shows up as the owner for the files of that username.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcateriny
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking uid

How do i go about getting the uid of the user and verify ? if then echo "You are not a superuser, please login as a superuser" exit1; fi the above code doesn't work. can some guru please help me. 1. how to get the uid of the user ? i know by typing id but how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
7 Replies

4. Programming

Random number is not reused

I need to generate and reuse a 5 digit random number every time my program is executed. But the following generates random numbers every time the function is called. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include <time.h> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

uid script help

i need a script to process a password file and based on the UIDs in the password file, generate the new UID that is 1 greater than the highest uid. i have some script logic but i dont really understand it. any help? #!/usr/bin/perl ########################################## #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

TCP port numbers reused

Hello all, I am loosing the diameter connection between two servers and when the connection is trying to comes up again i see the following message in the tracer. and after 1 second the connection resets. As far i know the connection stay in state TIME_WAIT for a while(60 seconds in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UId

is tty command opens a process in the system if yes then why process got the userid????? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mac91
5 Replies

8. AIX

More than 1 UID 0

Hi, Can any one please tell what are the risks of having more than one users having UID 0 (root)? Thanks Naveed (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveedaix
9 Replies

9. AIX

Lost PIDs on AIX platform? (Bing reused eventhough they does not exist currently for any Component.

Dear ALL, I'm working on a Siebel CRM enterprise which is completely on AIX 5.3 platform. I'm trying to find some information, in case you may be able to help. Is there any command/procedure on AIX 5.3 by which I could check the blocked PIDs or lost PIDs for my Siebel Object Manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
5 Replies

10. Solaris

UID Admin

Hi All, I have to give permission to one of the groups called as "ABC" as like the permissions of the group "UNIXADM". Could you please some one help on this issue ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
3 Replies
auths(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          auths(1)

NAME
auths - print authorizations granted to a user SYNOPSIS
auths [ user ...] DESCRIPTION
The auths command prints on standard output the authorizations that you or the optionally-specified user or role have been granted. Autho- rizations are rights that are checked by certain privileged programs to determine whether a user may execute restricted functionality. Each user may have zero or more authorizations. Authorizations are represented by fully-qualified names, which identify the organization that created the authorization and the functionality that it controls. Following the Java convention, the hierarchical components of an authorization are separated by dots (.), starting with the reverse order Internet domain name of the creating organization, and ending with the specific function within a class of authorizations. An asterisk (*) indicates all authorizations in a class. A user's authorizations are looked up in user_attr(4) and in the /etc/security/policy.conf file (see policy.conf(4)). Authorizations may be specified directly in user_attr(4) or indirectly through prof_attr(4). Authorizations may also be assigned to every user in the system directly as default authorizations or indirectly as default profiles in the /etc/security/policy.conf file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output The auths output has the following form: example% auths tester01 tester02 tester01 : solaris.system.date,solaris.jobs.admin tester02 : solaris.system.* example% Notice that there is no space after the comma separating the authorization names in tester01. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/user_attr /etc/security/auth_attr /etc/security/policy.conf /etc/security/prof_attr ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
profiles(1), roles(1), getauthattr(3SECDB), auth_attr(4), policy.conf(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 25 Mar 2004 auths(1)