Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: confused in australia
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting confused in australia Post 96239 by serm on Wednesday 18th of January 2006 07:46:12 PM
Old 01-18-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vino
Use double quotes around the file name.

Something like this...

ls -l "a b c"

Thanks Vino... i was hoping for something i could script, rather than copy them individually...
cheers anyway

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

DST Change For Australia

Hello , We are investigating an issue from a customer from Western Australia related to DST change on 25 th March. The customer in Australia has the below settings for Time Zone. The System is Solaris 9. TZ=Australia/NSW CMASK=022 We are trying to reproduce the problem in our local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
1 Replies

2. AIX

Australia NSW DST

Hello. Our application is running on AIX box located in NSW , Australia. As DST starts on Oct 28th - Do you know IF AIX boxes have auto updates of day light saving times? IF not , how to do it? IF yes, where can I verify it? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

New and Confused

Hello, I am having a problem with Dual Booting Windows XP Pro and Linux Mint. I have Three Hard Drives, One Hard Drive has Linux Mint Loaded on it. When it is hooked up to the computer by itself it works great. This is an IDE Drive. The Second Hard Drive has Window XP Pro loaded on it.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Forextrading
3 Replies
BACKUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 BACKUP(8)

NAME
backup - backup files SYNOPSIS
backup [-djmnorstvz] dir1 dir2 OPTIONS
-d At top level, only directories are backed up -j Do not copy junk: *.Z, *.bak, a.out, core, etc -m If device full, prompt for new diskette -n Do not backup top-level directories -o Do not copy *.o files -r Restore files -s Do not copy *.s files -t Preserve creation times -v Verbose; list files being backed up -z Compress the files on the backup medium EXAMPLES
backup -mz . /f0 # Backup current directory compressed backup /bin /usr/bin # Backup bin from RAM disk to hard disk DESCRIPTION
Backup (recursively) backs up the contents of a given directory and its subdirectories to another part of the file system. It has two typ- ical uses. First, some portion of the file system can be backed up onto 1 or more diskettes. When a diskette fills up, the user is prompted for a new one. The backups are in the form of mountable file systems. Second, a directory on RAM disk can be backed up onto hard disk. If the target directory is empty, the entire source directory is copied there, optionally compressed to save space. If the target directory is an old backup, only those files in the target directory that are older than similar names in the source directory are replaced. Backup uses times for this purpose, like make. Calling Backup as Restore is equivalent to using the -r option; this replaces newer files in the target directory with older files from the source directory, uncompressing them if necessary. The target directory con- tents are thus returned to some previous state. SEE ALSO
tar(1). BACKUP(8)