Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming want to run a function in background Post 96003 by satheeshalle on Tuesday 17th of January 2006 02:14:33 AM
Old 01-17-2006
user seperate Threads for each operation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

subshell & background function

Hello all, Can someone explain to me the advantage between using subshell over a function call in scripts? To me these are the same. Am I wrong to think this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a shell in the background

How can I run a shell in the background? cat test.sh #!/bin/sh sleep 600 Thank u very much indeed! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script at background

Hi all, I have a script like: echo Please input list file name: read listn for file in `cat $listn.txt` do send_file $file done normally, I will run the script like: :. resendfile Please input list filename: list1 #Then, the script will resend all file from the list1. However,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we run ssh2 in background

Hi, I was trying to run ssh2 command in background... but i got follwoing error message saying that process has been stopped.. + Stopped(SIGTTOU) Anyone have any idea about this??? Appreciated your help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about the PID of a background function

Dear all, I'm writing a KornShell script that calls inside it a function in background mode #!/bin/ksh function myfunction { . . .} myfunction |& . . . How can I capture the PID of the function myfunction that runs in background? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run wineconsole in background

Hello everybody, I'm making a script for running a .bat process on wineconsole, but I want that wineconsole doesn't show up when I call it from the script. The script is named "reset" and it looks like this: When I execute it, it will show up the wineconsole window on top, and that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurokpo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run in background mode.

Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering in how do i run my script in background then echo it if it's done. Please advise, Thanks, -nik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Background process one after another

Hii Friends, I am using Perl CGI. I am running A SCP Command via Perl CGI in Background. Like system("scp -r machinename:/PathOfFile/ /Path/WhereToCopyIt/ &) This Copy Process takes some times lets say 15 min. Now I want When This copy process gets complete then send me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a function in background and then suspend it

Here is some back ground on the script. The script is to poll an arbitrary number of DB's. To do this I am creating a function that takes the file_path to the DB and the min poll interval as arguments. The function will be called for each DB and then ran in the background. The function I was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandavison
6 Replies
Portable Threads Abstraction Classes(3)                                Coin                                Portable Threads Abstraction Classes(3)

NAME
Portable Threads Abstraction Classes - Classes class SbBarrier The SbBarrier class implements the 'barrier' multi-thread synchronization technique. A barrier is a synchronization mechanism that is used for blocking threads as they enter the barrier until a given number of threads are blocked, at which point all the threads are released again. " class SbCondVar A class for synchronizing access to global variables. Condition variables are used to protect global variables in an environment where multiple threads are running concurrently. " class SbFifo A class for managing a pointer first-in, first-out queue. class SbMutex A basic class for managing a mutex. This class provides a portable framework around the mutex interface of the underlying native thread-handling toolkit. " class SbThreadAutoLock Simple convenience class for locking access to a function. This class provides a simple convenience mechanism for automatically locking access to a function that is not re-entrant. " class SbRWMutex class SbStorage The SbStorage class manages thread-local memory. This class manages thread-local memory. When different threads access the memory an SbStorage object manages, they will receive different memory blocks back. " class SbTypedStorage< Type > The SbTypedStorage class manages generic thread-local memory. This class manages thread-local memory. When different threads access the memory an SbTypedStorage object manages, they will receive different memory blocks back. " class SbThread A class for managing threads. This class provides a portable framework around the tasks of instantiating, starting, stopping and joining threads. " Detailed Description Coin implements a set of abstractions over the native threads data types that can be portably used across all the platforms Coin has been ported to. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for Coin from the source code. Version 3.1.3 Wed May 23 2012 Portable Threads Abstraction Classes(3)