Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sendmail aliases not being honored Post 95360 by reborg on Tuesday 10th of January 2006 05:13:55 PM
Old 01-10-2006
Probably you have already doen this, but did you remember to rebuild the alias database after updating the aliases file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail / Aliases

I'm trying to make a script that will automatically read incoming mail, parse the recipient, then send a file off to the recipient. (Name of file = mail.pl) #!/usr/bin/perl $mailDir = "/var/spool/mail/" $user = print `cat <STDIN> | grep To: | cut -b5-`; print `elm -s Awaiting Mail $user <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ComTec
1 Replies

2. Programming

aliases

Hi. I have a C program that is using the **environ pointer and I am trying to set up aliases for a system("/bin/ksh") call. This works for other environment variables but not for the aliases. Does anyone know if this can be done? Thanks ahead of time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mluey61
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aliases

Is there a way to view what aliases are running on a given session? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

etc aliases

Hello: i have several server with own etc aliases. right now i want to combine it all into a general etc aliases in a new freebsd server. cause it consist hundred thousand of record user inside how to make a shell script to combine it or configure it. all etc aliases record example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterLfs
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting aliases

How come if I set an alias as such: alias dt 'date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"' it will work as intended, ie the command 'dt' does prompt the date and time, but not when invoked through a script as such: #!/bin/sh alias dt 'date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"' The OS is FreeBSD 7.1. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aliases In Unix

Hi, I am new to Unix. I want to know how to setup aliases in Unix. Mean if i write a particular word say scripts then it should take me to scripts directory. Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amritansur
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Aliases in a script

Hi all, I have and alias set in .profile like alias ll='ls -la' I am writing a shell script in which i am using "ll" but it gives command not found . Can anyone please tell me how source aliases in the script we write do i need to define it again in every script i write is there any oher... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail: trusted-users or aliases?

For a project that I have been assigned to, I need to send emails to a business partner (business_partner.com) from one production server. However, my emails neither reach their destination nor bounce back to me. Working with our business partner's IT support, the following error was discovered... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

/etc/aliases & Sendmail

I've recently migrated a Solaris 10 server, to Redhat. I've migrated all my crons & scripts and now I'm attempting to set all the aliases, to send to the appropriate accounts. I have a particular user defined in /etc/aliases, however, when a particular script is ran in cron, I do not receive any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
SENDMAILCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)

NAME
sendmailconfig - configure sendmail for Debian systems SYNOPSIS
sendmailconfig [--no-reload] DESCRIPTION
sendmailconfig is used to simplify the configuration of sendmail(8) for use on Debian systems. In the simplest case, you may run this program to (re)configure sendmail for your Debian system at any time. It will modify the file /etc/mail/sendmail.mc in order to create a working sendmail configuration which will be written to the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf. For advanced configurations, you can modify the sendmail.mc file before generating sendmail.cf. Future invokations of sendmailconfig will preserve these changes provided they are made at the end of the file. Normally sendmailconfig will ask if you want to reload sendmail after making changes to its configuration. The --no-reload option will avoid this question. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc sendmail m4 input to generate sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf actual sendmail configuration file /etc/mail/sendmail.cw names for which we will accept mail in the standard configuration /etc/mail/sendmail.ct names of trusted users in the standard configuration SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> 21-Jan-1997 SENDMAILCONFIG(8)