Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: event number tracking
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting event number tracking Post 95213 by frustrated1 on Monday 9th of January 2006 05:56:37 AM
Old 01-09-2006
Yes - I did think of using a lock mechanism.. but had not tried it as some of these scripts work at the same second and I wondered whether it would work it both scripts see no lock - both touch a lock file and then continue to use the event number...

Any thoughts?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Tracking

Hi, OS: Solaris9, SPARC Is there any way I can track the commands run by users from the shell prompt? Example: Somebody is deleting files from the system. Who it is is a mystery. That person obviously does not use bash prompt so there is no history. Is there anyway I can find out who... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking down the problem

Is there a way to track down what process is sending to a certain port? I have some thing pounding the network with requests to a multicast IP that doesn't exist. I have shut down all comms related processes and yet it is still there. Need a way to track the port or IP back to the process. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattmanuel
3 Replies

3. Programming

Methods for Random Number Tracking

what types of methods and algorithms are used to track random number generators? I'm working on computer security, and I want to know all the different ways to track random number generators so I know what to counter (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
8 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)