Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users decreasing the MAXSSIZE value ! Post 95201 by ghadad on Monday 9th of January 2006 03:09:34 AM
Old 01-09-2006
decreasing the MAXSSIZE value !

Decreasing the MAXSSIZE(kernel param) from 300MB to 100MB
resolved the problem of memory lack ( can't allocate memory ) .
how come ???

Thanks
Golan

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with maxssize

Hi, I read up about maxssiz when having problems with stack overflow. I check on the below on my HP-UX as: Parameter Current Dyn Planned Module Version =============================================================================== maxssiz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decreasing SSL connection timeout

hi people, i need help about timeout duration of ssl while connecting to another server in network. this is what i try bash-3.00# time ssh root@10.10.10.10 "date" ssh: connect to host 10.10.10.10 port 22: Connection timed out real 3m10.215s user 0m0.007s sys 0m0.011sthere is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdkbjk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting PID in decreasing order using ps?

I am trying to sort the output in decreasing order of the process ID while using the ps command. I am having trouble doing this using the --sort part of ps. Also I was wondering if anyone knows what the "S" stands for under the process's status code? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
3 Replies
XMALLOC(3pub)						       C Programmer's Manual						     XMALLOC(3pub)

NAME
xmalloc, xrealloc, xfree, xstrdup, xmemdup, memdup - memory allocation functions for Publib SYNOPSIS
#include <publib.h> void *xmalloc(size_t bytes); void *xrealloc(void *ptr, size_t bytes); void xfree(void *ptr); char *xstrdup(const char *string); void *memdup(const void *mem, size_t bytes); void *xmemdup(const void *mem, size_t bytes); DESCRIPTION
These functions are utility functions for memory allocation from the publib library. xmalloc, xrealloc, and xfree are error checking ver- sions of the standard library routines malloc, realloc, and free, respectively. They are guaranteed to never return unless there was no problem: if, for example, xmalloc is unable to allocate the requested amount of memory, it prints an error message and terminates the pro- gram. Hence, the caller does not need to check for a NULL return value, and the code that calls these functions is simpler due to the lack of error checks. Similarly, xstrdup is an error checking version of the common (though not standard) strdup routine, which creates a duplicate of a string by allocating memory for the copy with malloc. (For systems that lack strdup, publib provides one in its portability module; it is always declared in <publib.h>.) memdup is similar to strdup, it creates a copy of an arbitrary memory area (the arguments are a pointer to the beginning of the area, and its size) by allocating memory for the copy with malloc. xmemdup is its error checking version. NOTE
xmalloc and xrealloc treat a request to allocate a block of 0 bytes as an error. xrealloc will allow its first argument to be NULL. SEE ALSO
publib(3), malloc(3), strdup(3) AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius (lars.wirzenius@helsinki.fi) Publib C Programmer's Manual XMALLOC(3pub)