Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux communications modes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users linux communications modes Post 95184 by shil on Monday 9th of January 2006 12:55:48 AM
Old 01-09-2006
linux communications modes

what r the ways in which a linux application communicate with an external system like linux or windows?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

different modes?

What are the Guided and Enhanced Modes? This is something new right? Or have I been the most unobservant guy on the face of this planet? At first I thought it was something for Gollum the forumbot, but its there everytime you start a new thread. What is the difference between the two? And how do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why?

Hello all, Working in KSH using Solaris, the default editor is VIM. So, per session, I run a small rc script which calls export editor=emacs This works for commands at the prompt. But if I cycle through command history (Using the up arrow) the command line editor defaults to VIM. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggmatters
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging/Reading Interprocess Communications

Greetings, I'm posting this in the shell scripting forum because I'm hoping this can be done in BASH or PERL. If not, I'm still open to suggestions of other ways to do it: I've got an iPhone app that's sending some encrypted (SSL) traffic to a server and I'd like to be able to read the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FiZiX
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Modes

What access modes (permissions) are given to new files you create? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naasei
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl and communications

Any idea on how to set up a perl script on the client end to listen and respond to commands on a set port? Ive tried this before in the past and thinking about trying it again. Just looking for a starting point. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

vim Script: Switching between modes

Hi All, I've been using vi for about 10 years, but this is my first attempt at creating a vi script. I am reformatting some files to create CSVs for import into a database. In the script, I have a bunch of substitute lines that work fine, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the script into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In UNIX which following type of file is used for network communications

a) FIFO B) SOCKET C) DIRECTORY D) BLOCK PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE ANSWER Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules. Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghugowda
0 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2008 IPCS(1)