Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removal of Data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removal of Data Post 94708 by geralex on Tuesday 3rd of January 2006 08:54:11 AM
Old 01-03-2006
Removal of Data

Hi All,

(And first up, a Happy New Year to you all! 363 days to go!)

I need to make sure that our old Sun Sparcstations and Servers are clear of any Confidential data before I return them...

Suggestions?

I'm formatting the discs to make sure that there's nothing obvious, but would appreciate any additional wisdom that you can offer...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gerry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removal

I am using Unix as my OS on my server and would like to format my hard drive. How do I go about wiping my hard drive or is there a removal tool that I can use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaconda
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

removal of files?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: remove all files and only files that the first three characters start with numerals. 2. Relevant commands,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxtraining
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

semaphore removal

I have one process which creates semaphore with permission 600. Then at some part of the code I have line where this semaphore will be removed. Problem I have is that other processes in my program also try to execute this line of code. Of course since they dont have permission they wont be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker40
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n removal between two |

I have a multi-line string I'm trying to do some clean-up on. Example: 1|575|67866|"fgnhdgj"|"afhgajh agfajgf ahfjhgfk ahfkhf"|568 2|56|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 3|5666|5435|"mayank"|"gupta gdja agdjagf"|677 I need a shell script that replace all \n under " ". (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayankgupta18
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removal of space from the end

HI, I need the help from the experts like I have created one file with text like: Code: a b c de f g hi j k l So my question is that i have to write the script in which like in the first sentence it will take only one space after d and remove all the extra space in the end.I dont... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhanudhingra
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removal by substring

Hi guys, I am trying to remove lines that have a duplicate substring from any part in the file. So, for ex: 433043950359.3 5033 305935 2 2dd 5ffgs DOG43453552.A 3443565634 95460 3435 45 23d 56ggh DOG343211 3423895702359 34 66699 9455 2324 DOG43453552.B This is a very large file, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verse123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Duplicate removal

I have an input file of 5GB which contains duplicate records and have to remove duplicate records by retaing first instance of that record . Based on 5 fields the duplicates has to be removed . Kindly request to help me in writing a Unix Script. Thanks Asim (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: duplicate
11 Replies

8. Web Development

Vbseo removal

first off i want to thank you for such a great site, you helped me narrow down a long search on what was wrong with my forum, i have a large forum motorbicycling DOT com which i had someone remove vbseo before they went under because of all the security problems. anyway i have lots of 404 errors... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: atcspaul
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk string removal

Hi, I am trying to remove a string ".var" using the below command but it's not working as expected, when I execute this in the command prompt using the echo it's working fine , please let me know where I am doing it wrong. UYRD=$FILE_$timestamp.csv | awk '{gsub(".var", "");print}' # this is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of space

Hi , Can any one help me out how to remove space from below line select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name='SYSTEM ----space---- '; i want as : select file_name from dba_data_files where tablespace_name='SYSTEM'; my code i use file=/u01/script/latest/tbs.temp while... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praful Pednekar
14 Replies
HAPPY(1)						      Happy Parser Generator							  HAPPY(1)

NAME
happy - the parser generator for Haskell SYNOPSIS
happy [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the happy command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in various other formats, including DVI, Info and HTML; see below. Happy is a parser generator system for Haskell. `HAPPY' is a dyslexic acronym for `A Yacc-like Haskell Parser generator'. There are two types of grammar files, file.y and file.ly, with the latter observing the reverse comment bird track convention (i.e. each code line must begin with `>'). The examples distributed with Happy are all of the .ly form. Caveat: When using hbc (Chalmers Haskell) the command argument structure is slightly different. This is because the hbc run time system takes some flags as its own (for setting things like the heap size, etc). This problem can be circumvented by adding a single dash (`-') to your command line. So when using a hbc generated version of Happy, the argument structure is: happy - [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the other documentation. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. -a, --array Instructs Happy to generate a parser using an array-based shift reduce parser. When used in conjunction with -g, the arrays will be encoded as strings, resulting in faster parsers. Without -g, standard Haskell arrays will be used. -g, --ghc Instructs Happy to generate a parser that uses GHC-specific extensions to obtain faster code. -c, --coerce Use GHC's unsafeCoerce# extension to generate smaller faster parsers. One drawback is that some type safety is lost, which means that a parser generated with -c may compile fine but crash at run-time. Be sure to compile your grammar without -c first to ensure it is type-correct. This option has quite a significant effect on the performance of the resulting parser, but remember that parsers generated this way can only be compiled by GHC 3.02 and above. This option may only be used in conjuction with -g. -d, --debug Generate a parser that will print debugging information to stderr at run-time, including all the shifts, reductions, state transi- tions and token inputs performed by the parser. This option may only be used in conjuction with -a. -i [FILE], --info[=FILE] Directs Happy to produce an info file containing detailed information about the grammar, parser states, parser actions, and con- flicts. Info files are vital during the debugging of grammars. The filename argument is optional, and if omitted the info file will be written to FILE.info (where FILE is the input file name with any extension removed). -o FILE, --outfile=FILE Specifies the destination of the generated parser module. If omitted, the parser will be placed in FILE.hs, where FILE is the name of the input file with any extension removed. If FILE is - the generated parser is sent to the standard output. -m NAME, --magic-name=NAME Happy prefixes all the symbols it uses internally with either happy or Happy. To use a different string, for example if the use of happy is conflicting with one of your own functions, specify the prefix using the -m option. -t DIR, --template=DIR Instructs Happy to use this directory when looking for template files: these files contain the static code that Happy includes in every generated parser. You shouldn't need to use this option if Happy is properly configured for your computer. -l, --glr Instructs Happy to output a GLR parser instead of an LALR(1) parser. -k, --decode Causes the GLR parser to generate code for decoding the parse forest to a list of semantic results (requires --ghc). -f, --filter Causes the GLR parser to filter out nodes which aren't required for the semantic results (an experimental optimisation, requires --ghc). FILES
/usr/share/happy-1.18.9 SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/happy, the Happy homepage (http://haskell.org/happy/) <http://haskell.org/happy/> COPYRIGHT
Happy Version 1.18.9 Copyright (c) 1993-1996 Andy Gill, Simon Marlow; (c) 1997-2001 Simon Marlow AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Glasgow FP Suite 2000-12-23 HAPPY(1)