Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Urgent help with web design problems - mac, safari and unix computer Post 94239 by RTM on Wednesday 28th of December 2005 10:21:59 AM
Old 12-28-2005
First, you might want to read the rules of this site - no homework, no posting emails in threads.

Second, your best bet would be to ask your tutor what was meant by the responses given.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mode in Mac OSX - problems

I am a Macintosh using OS 10.2 which has Unix underpinnings. When entering console mode (the root system where unix takes over) I get the following message - bootstrap_look_up () failed (ipc/send) invalid destination port I always used to get a localhost# prompt (and then can use unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngilman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendations on a book or website on computer network design?

Can someone please recommend a book or a website that has info on how to design a secure fault tolerant network (routers, firewall, domain servers, etc) of 300 wireless computers separated in multiple buildings and floor with multiple users for each station mainly utilizing dtp and internet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rukasu
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Problems with path using UNIX tools in mac

Hello, Glad I found this forum.... Well I'm starting using UNIX tools in macOS for bioinformatics (Python....). I know that in UNIX every installed tools go to usr/bin.... But since in mac I do not have access to it I wanted to know were to create and install tools? Can I recreate a pseudo UNIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 454rocks
3 Replies
RAWURLENCODE(3) 							 1							   RAWURLENCODE(3)

rawurlencode - URL-encode according to RFC 3986

SYNOPSIS
string rawurlencode (string $str) DESCRIPTION
Encodes the given string according to RFC 3986. PARAMETERS
o $str - The URL to be encoded. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string in which all non-alphanumeric characters except -_.~ have been replaced with a percent ( %) sign followed by two hex dig- its. This is the encoding described in RFC 3986 for protecting literal characters from being interpreted as special URL delimiters, and for protecting URLs from being mangled by transmission media with character conversions (like some email systems). Note Prior to PHP 5.3.0, rawurlencode encoded tildes ( ~) as per RFC 1738. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.4 | | | | | | | Tilde characters are no longer encoded when | | | rawurlencode(3) is used with EBCDIC strings. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Now conforms to RFC 3986. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 including a password in an FTP URL <?php echo '<a href="ftp://user:', rawurlencode('foo @+%/'), '@ftp.example.com/x.txt">'; ?> The above example will output: <a href="ftp://user:foo%20%40%2B%25%2F@ftp.example.com/x.txt"> Or, if you pass information in a PATH_INFO component of the URL: Example #2 rawurlencode(3) example 2 <?php echo '<a href="http://example.com/department_list_script/', rawurlencode('sales and marketing/Miami'), '">'; ?> The above example will output: <a href="http://example.com/department_list_script/sales%20and%20marketing%2FMiami"> SEE ALSO
rawurldecode(3), urldecode(3), urlencode(3), RFC 3986. PHP Documentation Group RAWURLENCODE(3)